Hyundai Kia Suspected Counterfeit 26300-35505?

IDK if what was received from the Zon same as Russian yt, but the one in video didn't 'look' bad. Only tell tale 'I' see is one in yt uses a coil compression spring as opposed to flat/leaf spring which Hyun/Kia is known to use. Likely that is a fake, but a well done one.

I suppose lesson here is if one doesn't completely trust Hyun/Kia OFs from the Zon, ebay or even WM, then dealer purchase only way to go.

As an aside, since the OP now believes the purchased Hyun/Kia OFs not fake, title should be changed. But, that's just my .02.

The seller on Amazon sells alot of OEM parts for other cars as well and has good reviews, so I don't have any reason to doubt him after looking at the one from walmart. Everything that I can see is exactly the same, but the part number was 04 at walmart. I think I said this already but MANN/wix confirmed that 05 was made by them. My concern was the other 05 filters with the hologram didn't say MANN on them (Amazon pictures). From what I gather those are Korean market filters.

All that to say I purchased an ST9688 yesterday and changed the oil with that today. I like this filter for 3 bucks.

Mods please go ahead and update the title to something respectable.

The hologram is not an indication of being genuine or fake, just saying. You can buy those off of the AliExpress in bulk. Every other filter installed by the dealer doesn’t have it

I just don't get it, going through the hassle to counterfeit a $6 oil filter.
There are plenty of fake Toyota Denso filters, even though the OEM ones can be had from a dealership for $5 each. Makes one wonder just how cheap it is to make these things in the first place! :unsure:

I ended keeping the 6 pack, it was a really good deal and im confident its genuine. Thanks for the help guys.
I spoke with the guy and felt bad for returning. I don't like to return stuff unless its a POS, especially from small biz sellers. Hes sending me the correct washers. For now I have the ST9688 on there and its working out very well.

looks like the 5 i got at the dealers for 25+ tax for girlfriends excellent 18 Optima that replaced her 60 thou OIL BURNING POS 13 malibu 2.5!!

I try to check everywhere else first rather than Amazon. I prefer greatly Walmart to aamazon just because I can take it back to a store next time I go there. You have to ask, where did the seller get these? They had to be quite a bit cheaper to him. They look legit to me, but the dealer will probably have fresh stock and you know they are not going through some wholesaler.

I had to sell my miata and I bought a used 2018 kia optima. Obviously in BITOG fashion, I need to change the oil asap, probably has dino in it. I read about the issues with this car and filters, so I wanted to get an OEM one although supertech 9688 looked good. I order from Amazon a 6 pack from seller Metro24wholesale. I called him and asked if they were genuine, and he said ya. 6 filters were listed for 23.40. I should've known this was too good to be true.

First red flag was there is no hologram. Looking inside, it did have the "Hyundai" poppet where the bypass. The major red flag was that the Blue can had "MANN HUMMEL" printed on the filter despite this being an 05 part number. The part number ending in 04 was the MANN HUMMEL product. Also, looking inside the filter, there was glue everywhere around the pressure relief valve, just looked horrible. The filter did feel heavy like the OEM I held at walmart. I found this video of the same exact filter here: the title translated in Russia is "fake filter." On top of everything, the 6 washers they sent was the wrong size. This 6 pack is going back. Just a heads up, im gonna go to the dealer and just buy one for 6.50.

*These are fake ! ... First , the plastic cover over the oil filter opening is wrong . Next , there is no Hyundai logo stamped down at the bottom of the opening when you look down ... Again , these are fake ! Lastly , FYI from a ATL Kia dealer I bought the new -35505 for $8.65 total (so a little more now than $6.50 locally) .

*These are fake ! ... First , the plastic cover over the oil filter opening is wrong . Next , there is no Hyundai logo stamped down at the bottom of the opening when you look down ... Again , these are fake ! Lastly , FYI from a ATL Kia dealer I bought the new -35505 for $8.65 total (so a little more now than $6.50 locally) .
1) The filter at the dealership and walmart have the same plastic cellophane over it.
2)There is a hyundai logo when you look down...are you wearing your glasses? Its on the plastic poppet.
3) Only the mobis made part has the hologram, even the old MANN OEM filters didn't have it.
4) Just because you paid more doesn't make your filters more "genuine." You got milked by the stealership. The filter is cheaper at walmart (around 6.50).

They are not fake.

I'm using oversize Wix (NAPA Gold) 51344 for two 4-5000 mile OCI.
Why not just follow the warranty req? With the amount of soot in these GDI engines, no way I would run any filter except a Fram ultra for 10k. But I believe in changing the filter at every OCI.

With the amount of soot in these GDI engines
The oil in my engine does not get very sooty in 5000 miles.
The last filter I cut open was nowhere near clogged.
30+ years ago I learned to inspect the tailpipe when considering a purchase, to avoid dirty running or oil burning engines.
And yes, I knew a little dry soot is okay on a GDI engine.

Disclaimer: Reading previous posts, others have said, the Mann + Hummel appears to be an OEM filter.

I cut one open today (Bored on a Friday night) and compared to some I bought a while back. Honestly I feel they're the same filter. The used filter in the pics has the Mobis holo sticker, "H" stamped on the valve/spring retainer. Also cutting it open, the silicone drainback valve has the "H" logo on it. The internal end cap has a May 2019 date on it.
The new unused filter from the same seller that Haggler bought from only has the "H" logo on the valve/spring retainer. The internal end cap has a Jan 2020 date on it. Weight wise they're identical and build quality, filter pleats, spring tension all seems identical.

Attachments

• 20210326_202122.jpg
    20210326_202122.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210326_202033.jpg
    20210326_202033.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210326_201950.jpg
    20210326_201950.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210326_190650.jpg
    20210326_190650.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210326_190622.jpg
    20210326_190622.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 63
This is what Hyundai gets for relentlessly perpetuating the myth their vehicles require OEM filters. They don't. I realize these are real, but just the worry about fakes is a scenario they helped create.

This is what Hyundai gets for relentlessly perpetuating the myth their vehicles require OEM filters. They don't. I realize these are real, but just the worry about fakes is a scenario they helped create.

I agree with you. Seems more times than not, every time the question is brought up, the filters seem to be genuine after much angst and churn.

My understanding is there is at least two manufacturing plants in Korea turning out these OEM filters with the tapping plates having a different letter code to differentiate the two. I think subtle finish differences is what makes comparing them many times fooling people into thinking they have a fake.

Back