Compare & contrast Hyundai OE vs Premium Guard

The Premium Guards came from RockAuto @ $3.18 each, the OE Hyundai filters came from my local dealer @ ~$9 each
For the 26300-35503/26300-35504/26300-35505 applications, a lot of '08-present H/K engines
Nu/Theta/Theta II, etc
1000007996.jpg

1000007990.jpg

1000007991.jpg

1000007992.jpg

The OE Hyundai has a logo stamped on the bypass valve, the Premium Guard does not
1000007993.jpg

1000007994.jpg

The Premium Guard has this stamp on the top, the OE does not
1000007995.jpg

1000007997.jpg

Overall they look as if they came off the same production line
A good savings if a trip to your Hyundai dealer is time consuming or expensive 🫰
Shop carefully on RockAuto, if these are coming from the same warehouse, I'd keep a few on the shelf at these prices
The OE Hyundai filter on RA is twice the price 🤷‍♂️
Now I've got a few on hand, I can be modestly more profitable when I do an OCI on a H/K product

Anyone up on H/K part numbers, is the -35505 revision anything special?

I'll be using these without prejudice on H/K products under warranty as well as out

I've heard first hand odd knocks/taps/rattles from Theta II engines (before they unalive themselves) that an OE filter cures (I believe there was a TSB?)

10/10 would buy again

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. The Premium Guard looks like a stout filter which I will consider running.

The H/K startup rattle issue from several years back was attributed to using really crappy filters. I use Fram and ST filters on my Elantra and all is quiet.

Great comparison! They're the same M&H made. Premium Guard standard filters are sourced from at least one other company. This filter shows they are using M&H for some of their standard filters. I'm not sure this is the case with PG's synthetic filters though.

$5 for a genuine H/K online.
I'm not doubting you, but where can I get that?
Because I've been finding $7-$9 + tax and shipping
There's a few eBay sellers, but I don't trust some of the listings 👀
How much less did you pay with shipping to make it worthwhile?
Well, the key to RockAuto is you've gotta plan ahead
If I'm already ~$11 into shipping an order, I'll add in any low cost commodity item that's shipping from the same warehouse
I'll pay $1 extra in shipping to save $10+ on a gallon of coolant, plus it's saving me a trip
I've got at least 10/10 packs of 194/168 bulbs, because @ $1.10 for 10 bulbs, I can't drive to the store for less
At less than half price, plus little to no shipping charge, it makes sense for me to stock $19.08 worth of a quality oil filter
I couldn't get any filter locally for twice the price 🤷‍♂️
My Hyundai parts counter guy was doing me a favor @ ~$7 each, and throwing in the crush washer
But it's a 45 minute round trip to see him, and two weeks ago he retired 😮
I look after 5 H/K products that take this filter, it's nice to be able to sneak in a quick oil change of a Saturday afternoon without running around town
And ever since I started actually engineering a profit into my work, costs lowered means more money for me 🥺
I've given far too much away over the years, and I've done far too much for far too little
I'd like a reasonable profit for my efforts, but I won't sacrifice doing a decent job 👌
1000008008.png

Back