Which of these filters are better. The ACDelco Ultraguard, or the Premium Guard Extended Life?

Premium Guard can be picked up for $9.42 from both Walmart & Amazon, & the ACDelco is $8.50 on RockAuto. Which of these two are the better filter?

Attachments

• IMG_9642.jpeg
    IMG_9642.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9643.jpeg
    IMG_9643.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9644.jpeg
    IMG_9644.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9645.jpeg
    IMG_9645.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9646.jpeg
    IMG_9646.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9649.jpeg
    IMG_9649.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9650.jpeg
    IMG_9650.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 46
I’ve gotten pretty keen on the Premium Guards (in fact another hit my doorstep today) but I view those two filters as pretty comparable. Although it looks like the AC Delco has a nitrile ADBV from your pic.

The PG efficiency is advertised at 99% at 25 microns. Do you know what the AC is?

Personally the PG looks like a bit more effort went into it with the silicone gasket. They've shown here to be really good quality but theirs not anything bad I've heard about the AC Delco either.

RA Shipping shows $8 for the AC Delco at least from my location.

Pronto below is the PG2500ex afaik .

Wait does that Pronto box really say "Particles LESS than 30 Microns"? I think it's supposed to say MORE than?

RA Shipping shows $8 for the AC Delco at least from my location.

Pronto below is the PG2500ex afaik .

I think you’re right about the Premium Guard & the Pronto being the same filter. It shows the PO2500EX as the alternative part #. I only buy filters from RockAuto if I’m also ordering other parts from them. Otherwise you can get them with free shipping from Walmart+ or Amazon Prime, whichever you have.

Attachments

• IMG_9678.jpg
    IMG_9678.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 5
Now for oil, Rural King had their Providence 5 quart jugs of full synthetic for $17.99 when I was there recently. Been using Rural King oil for years & it works great. Supertech is another one I run.

I think you’re right about the Premium Guard & the Pronto being the same filter. It shows the PO2500EX as the alternative part #. I only buy filters from RockAuto if I’m also ordering other parts from them. Otherwise you can get them with free shipping from Walmart+ or Amazon Prime, whichever you have.
I'm currently running a "Pronto" that's made by Premium Guard so they apparently have some at least sourced that way.

Premium Guard lists some, but not all, of their sub brands on the main PG site. They do not include house brands like Carquest or MicroGard though but they are easy enough to spot.

I’ve gotten pretty keen on the Premium Guards (in fact another hit my doorstep today) but I view those two filters as pretty comparable. Although it looks like the AC Delco has a nitrile ADBV from your pic.

The PG efficiency is advertised at 99% at 25 microns. Do you know what the AC is?
The ACDelco site states their filters are 98% at 25-30 um. I interpret that as being closer to 30 um than 25 um. https://www.gmparts.com/parts/filters/oil

Also see this post in thread 'Oil Filter Value Analysis' https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/oil-filter-value-analysis.365173/post-6539857

Last edited:
Now for oil, Rural King had their Providence 5 quart jugs of full synthetic for $17.99 when I was there recently. Been using Rural King oil for years & it works great. Supertech is another one I run.
Who makes the Providence oil? I don't have a Rural King in South Carolina, but wow they have good deals!

Warren Oil Co
Do you know if that's Warren Oil of Dunn NC, or Highline Warren formerly known as Warren Distribution? I've seen conflicting information with one google answer/choice looking very authoritative showing the former. Just curious. Either way, Providence looks to be quality oil with good certs and approvals. No RK within 50 mi. here.

To topic, price being similar or relatively close, personally 'I'd' lean toward the PGEL because of use of silicone adbv. Efficiency rating good too.

Back