Hyundai Equus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why name it "horse"? A lot of people in America have a tough time with English, let alone Latin. They'll be dumbfounded by "Equus" and think it's misspelled.

Then again, I guess Hyundai won't care if they sell enough of 'em. "Ha, silly Americans! You spend 70 large for a car named 'Horse'? Haw!"

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
So why name it "horse"? A lot of people in America have a tough time with English, let alone Latin. They'll be dumbfounded by "Equus" and think it's misspelled.

Highly doubtful. I don't think Americans will be any more dumbfounded by Equus than they are with Altima, Maxima, Camry, Solara, Avalon, Venza, Yarris ... ad nauseum.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Would Richard Burton or Daniel Radcliffe buy one?
lol.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Would Richard Burton or Daniel Radcliffe buy one?

Only if it can be driven in the nude.

Hey, they are supposed to come with an iPad instead of an owners manual. All service scheduling and tracking can be done through it.

I don't know how long an ipad battery will last though.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Hyundai flirted with the luxo market last year with their Genesis, but in a month or so the full-on assault begins. When I was at the dealer yesterday doing the deal on the Entourage the salesman was telling me about the new Equus which is aimed squarely at the Lexus LS.

2011-Hyundai-Equus-42.jpg

hyundai-equusinterior.jpg

Beautiful. I can't get enough of it. I just hope they can figure out what to do about the whole badging situation.

The Genesis is an amazing car too, for the money.

I am honestly impressed with all of Hyundai's offerings recently. They've got it right and it's going to pay off for them, I am sure of it.

Those that still make cracks about Hyundai with the implications of cheapness need to do a little research. Or better yet, take a look at their current models or talk to the people that have been owning and driving them for the last few years. The big players in the auto game are rightfully afraid of this company...and their customers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Are they sticking with the 4.6 V-8 for that car, or does it get another, newer engine?

4.6 at first with a 5.0 (424 HP) due out some time in 2011.

It's a nice looking car, but it is hard to tell about quality of wood, leather, carpet, etc., from a picture.

Is it RWD?

omg - what are all those controls in the BACK seat console/arm rest? audio/climate etc i guess.
seems to be more controls than what one finds in the FRONT seat center console!!!

nice looking interior.
Exterior still looks ho-hum to me.

No way I would spend $60k on a Hyundai badge.

Even Toyota or Honda is not this stupid.

They were lame cars new, now they are just lame $20k old boats.

Nothing drops in value faster than an Equal or whatever they are called, the name doesn't matter anyway.

I would rather have a unique name for a car rather than alphanumeric nonsense.

This model could have easily been an XG460-500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back