Huge Tesla data leak reportedly reveals thousands of safety complaints. 4 things to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife in 2018 VW Tiguan and a Tesla Model 3 nearly backed into each otherr. Tiguan with janky video backup camera did not see nor did the likely way more high tech Tesla.

The public still has the final say as if people won't tolerate/buy in to any actual mandates it won't fly. I don't read much into what might happen in the future, but have noticed numerous fueling stations being built from ground up as well as many existing being renovated. As in gasoline, diesel, etc and no sign of charging at any I have been to or looked closely at. EV just won't be useful/practical for the majority regardless of the buffoons trying to push the agenda. People will continue to have a choice and don't give in to giving that up.

Yeah but the EV rebate is new so is another new subsidy ok because there is another one you dont agree with?
I mean, I know your dont mean this, but do we keep justifying new handouts because of old handouts or do we start fighting handouts all together as one?
We have to start someplace and let's be real, the EV handouts are way way over the top

What's next? lets see... ok, that right, lets replace all gas stoves with electric and force those that want to keep them to electric, give them rebates to pay for it ... just an example how it never will end... until... the people say enough..
Then there is the failing grid. Bad things are coming and this already fragile grid is going down and these morons want all ev cars?

Is this another: Autopilot is not really autopilot but we advertise it as autopilot?
Yep. And I don’t know what’s worse, that or people actually trust it to drive itself. Had adaptive cruise once, while it’s nice I still had my foot hovering over the brake because there is no way I’m 100% trusting a radar sensor, let alone steer itself as well.

Yep. And I don’t know what’s worse, that or people actually trust it to drive itself. Had adaptive cruise once, while it’s nice I still had my foot hovering over the brake because there is no way I’m 100% trusting a radar sensor, let alone steer itself as well.
Which is how Tesla instructs you to use AP. Hands on the wheel at all times and be ready to take control.

Which is how Tesla instructs you to use AP. Hands on the wheel at all times and be ready to take control.
And it is still called autopilot.
Tesla, as usual, is involved in at best, misinterpretation of what they are selling. In reality, they actually very well know that word autopilot to many customers will invoke belief that it is 100% autonomous, they designed it that way, and considering what moral “authority “ sits at top of company, they are ok with it.

The thing that scares me is the vast amount of people who actually trust it and defend it to its death on Tesla Reddits and think they don't need to do what Tesla suggests.

And it is still called autopilot.
Tesla, as usual, is involved in at best, misinterpretation of what they are selling. In reality, they actually very well know that word autopilot to many customers will invoke belief that it is 100% autonomous, they designed it that way, and considering what moral “authority “ sits at top of company, they are ok with it.
That's the best part. It's not called AutoPilot. That's was the basic driver's assist is called. It would almost be fine if the $15k version would be called that. It's still an overkill name, but at least it wouldn't be called Full Self Driving(Beta). My wife kept talking about Autopilot the other day and I couldn't figure out why she kept calling it that when we don't have the $15k option. That's when she reminded me that Autopilot is the included standard feature name! Her Autopilot is basically the same thing my 5 year old VW has.

The thing that scares me is the vast amount of people who actually trust it and defend it to its death on Tesla Reddits and think they don't need to do what Tesla suggests.
They do worse. You can buy steering wheel weights (search Amazon) to override the requirement to keep both hands on the wheel. So Tesla sent an OTA update and now you have to physically move the steering wheel every so often.

I think anyone caught abusing a driver assist function on any vehicle should be liable for reckless driving or some such infraction.

They do worse. You can buy steering wheel weights (search Amazon) to override the requirement to keep both hands on the wheel. So Tesla sent an OTA update and now you have to physically move the steering wheel every so often.

I think anyone caught abusing a driver assist function on any vehicle should be liable for reckless driving or some such infraction.
That's how it works on the my VW, but that's only because it doesn't have steering wheel sensors so it needs to see some form of input. Kind of defeats the purpose of the feature though, too bad some people had to ruin it for others.

One day, Tesla will have sophistication of VW software. For example, on 2021 Atlas one cannot change speedometer design. People are trying to crack it, but no.
So, that mumbo jumbo how people are cracking it, and Tesa can’t do anything is:
1. Tesla still has to learn a lot (well, given).
2. They don’t care (also, given).

One day, Tesla will have sophistication of VW software. For example, on 2021 Atlas one cannot change speedometer design. People are trying to crack it, but no.
So, that mumbo jumbo how people are cracking it, and Tesa can’t do anything is:
1. Tesla still has to learn a lot (well, given).
2. They don’t care (also, given).
I don't know if that's how I'd categorize it. No one could change that on a Tesla either. The steering hand on wheel input is more advanced on the Tesla, where on the VW the only way to verify you're touching the wheel is to physically move the wheel, which is now what Tesla requires. It's just possible simulate pressure on the wheel with a weight like mentioned, not a software hack.

I know, but it’s still an awful name that implies what it’s called. BlueCruise, SuperCruise, Adaptive cruise with Stop & go, and all the rest of the similarly named systems don’t give the implication that “Autopilot” does.

Then again, I have almost zero trust in most of humanity… especially when we have to have warnings like “Don’t eat these Tide Pods” and “Don’t drink vehicle fluids”

I know, but it’s still an awful name that implies what it’s called. BlueCruise, SuperCruise, Adaptive cruise with Stop & go, and all the rest of the similarly named systems don’t give the implication that “Autopilot” does.

Then again, I have almost zero trust in most of humanity… especially when we have to have warnings like “Don’t eat these Tide Pods” and “Don’t drink vehicle fluids”
It is purposely named like that to imply 100% "auto" part. They did it for that reason and that reason only. Everyone knows it; apologists just pretend it is not the case.

I wonder how the Apple Autonomous Car is coming along?

Then there's:
  • Motional
  • Magna International
  • AutoX
  • Cruise
  • Waymo
  • Swift Navigation
  • Embark Trucks
  • CARMERA
  • Zoox
  • Nauto
One day, with the marriage of AI and a Quantum hardware, things will be much different. No, everything will be different.

I wonder how the Apple Autonomous Car is coming along?

Then there's:
  • Motional
  • Magna International
  • AutoX
  • Cruise
  • Waymo
  • Swift Navigation
  • Embark Trucks
  • CARMERA
  • Zoox
  • Nauto
One day, with the marriage of AI and a Quantum hardware, things will be much different. No, everything will be different.

I ride in an autonomous Waymo regularly so I can say Google is making significant progress.

YoNf7rp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back