Huge Tesla data leak reportedly reveals thousands of safety complaints. 4 things to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem is Tesla's misuse of the term "autopilot" since some owners take this term as literally true.
It isn't and never was.
I can invoke this mode in the HAH using the adaptive cruise control and the lane keeping function.
You can take your hands off the steering wheel and the car will indeed drive itself.
I don't think I'd place much trust in this system and wife and I regarded it as more of a party trick curiosity than anything like true autonomous operation.
The same is true of any Tesla product. Anyone who expects true autonomous driving is a fool, although they will have been encouraged in their foolishness by Tesla and the current owner of Twitter.

What a surprise. Another negative story from Russ Mitchell. Complete with a picture from half a decade ago.

Par for the course for 200 out of 300 articles in the last 9 years from him.

None of the other ones went anywhere, we'll see if this one does.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s what every EV owner thinks. 🙄. These things really bother you, don’t they?
They don’t bother me in the least, as long as I’m not legislatively demanded to drive them, or taxed out of driving other things that I prefer. I don’t want or need a nanny.

If you like them, then pun intended, more power to you (for the unsubsidized market rate). ✌️

The same is true of any Tesla product. Anyone who expects true autonomous driving is a fool, although they will have been encouraged in their foolishness by Tesla and the current owner of Twitter.
Well, in all honesty, we have to acknowledge most people can not critically "think" the majority of human beings are followers. Like any animal in the animal kingdom they depend on others to guide and protect them. This goes for politics and/all of anything in life.

Yeah, that’s what every EV owner thinks. 🙄. These things really bother you, don’t they?
I think what bothers most in cases like this is the simple fact of a handful of higher authority PUBLIC SERVANTS (buy public voting, even when the public is typically out to lunch) forcing an agenda on the population by banning the sale of items, taking away free choice of a vehicle and not only that, giving out tax dollars to wealthy people to purchase EVs while the lower income people pay for it.

It's really not the American way but it is the "new American way" as this agenda is forcing massive costs on all families coast to coast in the name of a vague agenda which must the population could care less and the ones that do care arent even sure why they do because they are followers unable to independently think..

They don’t bother me in the least, as long as I’m not legislatively demanded to drive them, or taxed out of driving other things that I prefer. I don’t want or need a nanny.
I saw this right after I posted above. You got it and I for the life of me cant understand why others dont "see" it. If you read my two posts above that I think explains it though. For some reason, people are not upset about the public servants converting themselves to rulers.
(no politics)
It's back to the fact of the population being strong-armed into EVs by public servants on a scale I am not sure I ever saw, where the poor are paying the rich to buy cars in the name of an agenda we do not discuss in here. It's just not cars either forced into higher electric rates, forced out of even gas burning stoves. (No politics) but to me, the young people better wake up and realize they are supposed to serve you, this is massive when people are given rebates to buy a more expensive car at the cost of other people and the cost of people who cant afford those cars, all for nothing other than nothingness, no reason at all. Scary stuff.

I saw this right after I posted above. You got it and I for the life of me cant understand why others dont "see" it. If you read my two posts above that I think explains it though. For some reason, people are not upset about the public servants converting themselves to rulers.
(no politics)
It's back to the fact of the population being strong-armed into EVs by public servants on a scale I am not sure I ever saw, where the poor are paying the rich to buy cars in the name of an agenda we do not discuss in here. It's just not cars either forced into higher electric rates, forced out of even gas burning stoves. (No politics) but to me, the young people better wake up and realize they are supposed to serve you, this is massive when people are given rebates to buy a more expensive car at the cost of other people and the cost of people who cant afford those cars, all for nothing other than nothingness, no reason at all. Scary stuff.

Although Im aligned with politicians vs ruling class, Im not aligned on which subsidy I care more about.

I'm more concerned about the incredibly massive 179 that rewards rich people for buying huge trucks and SUV's they dont need than I am the comparatively tiny benny EV's get.

Both are bad, but one is massively bigger/worse than the other.

Although Im aligned with politicians vs ruling class, Im not aligned on which subsidy I care more about.

I'm more concerned about the incredibly massive 179 that rewards rich people for buying huge trucks and SUV's they dont need than I am the comparatively tiny benny EV's get.

Both are bad, but one is massively bigger/worse than the other.
Yeah but the EV rebate is new so is another new subsidy ok because there is another one you dont agree with?
I mean, I know your dont mean this, but do we keep justifying new handouts because of old handouts or do we start fighting handouts all together as one?
We have to start someplace and let's be real, the EV handouts are way way over the top

What's next? lets see... ok, that right, lets replace all gas stoves with electric and force those that want to keep them to electric, give them rebates to pay for it ... just an example how it never will end... until... the people say enough..

Yeah but the EV rebate is new so is another new subsidy ok because there is another one you dont agree with?
I mean, I know your dont mean this, but do we keep justifying new handouts because of old handouts or do we start fighting handouts all together as one?
We have to start someplace and let's be real, the EV handouts are way way over the top

What's next? lets see... ok, that right, lets replace all gas stoves with electric and force those that want to keep them to electric, give them rebates to pay for it ... just an example how it never will end... until... the people say enough..
Kill ‘em all. The subsidies suck. I wonder how many things we subsidize while paying taxes on them to the point that we’re paying taxes 3 times on one item. So dumb.

I dont agree with either and both foisted upon me. New as bad as old.

Which one do I dislike more?

The one thats just a give away to even non American manufacturing thats comparatively huge?

A giveaway thats at least some what tuned to return back to the American economy thats comparatively tiny?

Both evil, which is the lesser?

Last edited:
I think what bothers most in cases like this is the simple fact of a handful of higher authority PUBLIC SERVANTS (buy public voting, even when the public is typically out to lunch) forcing an agenda on the population by banning the sale of items, taking away free choice of a vehicle and not only that, giving out tax dollars to wealthy people to purchase EVs while the lower income people pay for it.

It's really not the American way but it is the "new American way" as this agenda is forcing massive costs on all families coast to coast in the name of a vague agenda which must the population could care less and the ones that do care arent even sure why they do because they are followers unable to independently think..
That is exactly how I feel. You nailed it. I'll refrain from a long rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back