HPL premium plus vs Euro

I have a Toyota 2GR-FS (port injection) that is spec at 0w-20 and plan to buy either 0W-30 premium plus or Euro. The Toyota is not garage kept and plan to do a 10k OCI or every 2yr with a filter change at 5k or 1yr. Based on my previous uoa, fuel dilution is present when winters drop to 0F but absent during mild winters. The corresponding flash point are observed inversely proportional to fuel dilution in the uoa. My concern is during retirement 10k mi is a 2yr OCI and now fuel dilution during winter become more of an issue. Euro has better HTHS than premium plus. What is the recommendation before placing an order during HPL 4th of July sale?

I am weighing the advantages and disadvantages regarding comparing the 5w-30 NO VII to the 5w-30 Plus Premium Passenger oil for a 1gr-fe in 18 4Runner. Also open to suggestions of other oils in the HPL lineup.

I am looking for best timing chain wear protection and being friendly to seals, gaskets and plastic internal engine components, like chain guides, etc.

Looking at doing long runs (time wise, 3 years), not exceeding 10,000 miles.

Last edited:
I have a Toyota 2GR-FS (port injection) that is spec at 0w-20 and plan to buy either 0W-30 premium plus or Euro. The Toyota is not garage kept and plan to do a 10k OCI or every 2yr with a filter change at 5k or 1yr. Based on my previous uoa, fuel dilution is present when winters drop to 0F but absent during mild winters. The corresponding flash point are observed inversely proportional to fuel dilution in the uoa. My concern is during retirement 10k mi is a 2yr OCI and now fuel dilution during winter become more of an issue. Euro has better HTHS than premium plus. What is the recommendation before placing an order during HPL 4th of July sale?
Since there's nothing special about the engine or service, any oil on the shelf at walmart is more than sufficient. Supertech is fine

Correction: 2GR-FE engine 2014 Toyota Venza V6. Planning to do an uoa in spring 2025 with filter change to assess fuel dilution and flash point. Using AnalysisPlus Lab services.

PUP
117892 mi
4558 mi
3/17/24 1.1% Fuel Dilution
Fe 3
Al 1
Cu 1
Pb 1

Last edited:
Correction: 2GR-FE engine 2014 Toyota Venza V6. Planning to do an uoa in spring 2025 with filter change to assess fuel dilution and flash point. Using AnalysisPlus Lab services.

PUP
117892 mi
4558 mi
3/17/24 1.1% Fuel Dilution
Fe 3
Al 1
Cu 1
Pb 1
Is the car burning any oil? Id go hpl pcmo or hdeo 5w40 for the extra cushion if fuel dillusion is a concern. Also throw a can of BG 44k in the full tank of gas to keep injectors clean and cats happy.

Is the car burning any oil? Id go hpl pcmo or hdeo 5w40 for the extra cushion if fuel dillusion is a concern. Also throw a can of BG 44k in the full tank of gas to keep injectors clean and cats happy.
It is not currently consuming oil @120k and matter of fact just bought a can of BG44K for the next fill-up.

Back