How to remove gas from modern vehicle??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say I have a generator that needs fuel during an extended outage. Let's also assume that I have vehicles with nearly full fuel tanks.

Is there an effective and safe way to get fuel out of the vehicles? Siphon hoses (ie Oklahoma credit cards) no longer work due to special anti-siphon traps.

I'm thinking that tapping into the schrader port on the fuel rail and using the vehicles fuel pump might be a good way.

Any other ideas?

Harbor freight has a fuel pressure tester for about 8 bucks that has most of the fittings one would need. Splice that onto a few feet of hose, jumper the relay, and you're in business.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Harbor freight has a fuel pressure tester for about 8 bucks that has most of the fittings one would need. Splice that onto a few feet of hose, jumper the relay, and you're in business.

great idea, plus you get a new tool!

not very many vehicles have a schrader valve on the rail, but most vehicles have a drain plug on the gas tank. well except my 98 f150. but nearly every other vehicle has one.

On the Silverado and the Sierra, I'd disconnect the 'supply' side of the fuel filter on the rail, then turn the key on and let the fuel pump do its thing.

Now that I think about it, I'd do the same on the Park Avenue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back