How to dispose of bad gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've burned up old gas in my cars.
I've burned up old gas in my mowers after I added a little Berryman's B-12. I've done the same with 2 cycle oil.

Over the past winter I put a little bit of TWC3 2cycle oil in my almost full tanks in my garage. This spring I put some Berryman's B-12 in there just in case. Stuff seems to work fine. No issues yet.

I've run a whole bunch of 2 cycle oil through my cars with little to no effect. I tried to figure out the best combination for fuel efficiency but never could figure the difference.

I agree with all those who said mix a 1/2 gallon or so with each tank. If Marvel Misery
lol.gif
Oil doesn't hurt anything, this highly diluted oil mix will burn just fine. A pint in a lawnmower tank until gone is a great option, too.

PS: Just funnin' about the "Misery Oil"!

Some of use actually add TWC3 to our gas to help lubricate the fuel pump. I think 1/2 to 1 gal of the mix per 15 gallons of pure gas is acceptable.

I like burning bad gas a little at a time in OPE. OPE is often run bone dry until it stalls so there's no dilution factor and it's easy to pull and drain the tank in case something goes wrong.

If the gas is water contaminated I allow the water to settle and pour the fuel into OPE. The remaining gas, ethanol, and water I pour it into the intake of a running engine.

I mix a new batch of 32:1 2 gallons at a time. Back when it was just the Stihl, this would last 2 yrs. No Stabil, just mix oil. Granted, the last fill up, would smoke a bit, but the saw took it. Now, I have a 2 stroke mower and weed wacker running from the same can, I just mix it up as I run out. I ran a tank through the 4 stroke snow blower with no trouble. So I have very little bad gas. I also like to keep a bit around to clean parts in.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Sounds like it's not too old, how about running it in your car?

If you are worried about using all of it at once, spread it out, put a 1/2 gallon in each time and soon it will all be gone.

+ whatever number

Dump it in a car. The gas is not that old that it is going to gum anything up. I do it all the time.

Originally Posted By: qnyla
Let it evaporate.
Bad idea. Many of us need to breath this air for many more years.

Even Stabil has limits. A neighbor had a problem on his boat with treated gas that was two years old.

Yes, just burn it in your car or truck's engine. A gallon of 24:1 or 50:1 gas/oil mix in a tank of gas is no problem.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
yep, put it in a clean glass jar...

Never, never, never store gasoline in glass containers or non-reusable plastic containers such as milk jugs or drinking water or plastic soda bottles. Not only is there a danger of container breakage or deterioration, it's easy for a kid or other idiot to mistake it for apple cider or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back