How should these kids be disciplined?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm..it may take me a while, but I'll come up with some type of poetic and eternal regret trap for them.

The best punishment creates a reluctant symbiosis with that which causes them the pain of regret.

Like the kid who had to write a $1 check every week for the rest of his life to the parents of the girl that died while he was driving drunk.

Though I don't believe in doing so any longer, I suppose if I were to seek revenge I would strap them each in a wheelchair and send them down Dravus Street in Seattle, with Jersey barrier set transverse to the road at the bottom of the hill.

Just a thought.

"Disciplined" implies they are human beings mildly straying from societal norms, and in need of a hugfest, here you go Johnny, the correct road was dimly illuminated, I'll hold a flashlight, you find the courage.

"Punishing" is what we do to bad dogs: Beat them severely enough and they're never the same again.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

"Punishing" is what we do to bad dogs: Beat them severely enough and they're never the same again.

A corrective action which is not correct creates problems of it's own.

So instead of beating one crippled man, maybe next time they take out a mall or a school. But crippled men are OK.

Well, maybe put them in a ring opposing each other. If they don't perform, wheel chair bound audience members push a button and their shock collar activates.

Community service and lots of it in a nursing home cleaning the elderly's bums, changing diapers and bed pans all day/night.

Then break their legs and put 'em in a wheelchair.

mad.gif
This really bothers me.

Originally Posted By: Bowser
All the above and every night on CNN's Nancy Grace.

You mean they are sentenced to watch Nancy Grace every night!? What a great idea! Nothing would make a 13 year old repent more than watching her every night for a couple years! LOL

Originally Posted By: ravenchris
The attitudes displayed here are a fundamental part of the 'problem'.

You are right. These are poor troubled children who had a rough life growing up. We should tax ourselves more so these poor children will have plenty of money and will never need to steal again. We can also supply them continuous entertainment so they never get bored, and maybe a constant supply of underage girls so we don't have to worry about them raping someone.

I agree that chemical castrationshould be the first step in a lot of situations. Is it cruel or unusual? That depends upon how you read into it, which may be based upon what they did.

Lots of community service to that community should be provided, however the penalty should be highly severe. The problem is that jail isn't severe enough inmost cases to scare people.

Jail should be the equivalent of voldemort in harry potter: scary enough that most people cannot even speak of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back