How reliable is the 3.0L V6 vs the 2.2L 4 cylinders in the 1997-2001 Camrys?

That says 3 hours, seems on the short side. Hour for plugs seems high.

But if its a garage, then overhead and parts markup comes into play. $900 isn’t bad for a TB in general--if not cheap.
I think he does it out of a garage. Buddys garage if I am not mistaken or he would come to me. I forgot. I'm thinking of doing plugs myself. Or not doing them at all 😂 . $630 for Timing belt parts and labor included.

What's everyone's take on the Accord Hybrids? We just took in a 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid for $2k. it's got 86k miles on it. Usually, employees pay $500-$1000 over dealer costs. So, $4,000 out the door for that thing is a steal.

Carfax:https://connect.carfax.com/dir?key=...yo5zhiRxYAQLl_I20pr_Ta5IVU2_oKQ9RxJBp8fHLfj9E
Dealer serviced? If you can get a tech to put it onto a lift and look for rust... I'd play it safe and bring cash with you that day.

I mean, I don't know about the V6 hybrid, IIRC back then it was an attempt more at sport than mpg. But. $4k? Drive it for 2 years with no repairs and you're golden. I can't find out if it has the glass automatic, I would assume so, but, unless if it is acting up, it might be a cheap ride.

It is a timing belt and it is due, regardless of mile, due to age.

I glanced the above and it sounds like it has cylinder deactivation. Which might not be anything like today's VCM--or it might be identical.

Going from a 5S-FE Camry to this... a bit of a flip.

Dealer serviced? If you can get a tech to put it onto a lift and look for rust... I'd play it safe and bring cash with you that day.

I mean, I don't know about the V6 hybrid, IIRC back then it was an attempt more at sport than mpg. But. $4k? Drive it for 2 years with no repairs and you're golden. I can't find out if it has the glass automatic, I would assume so, but, unless if it is acting up, it might be a cheap ride.

It is a timing belt and it is due, regardless of mile, due to age.

I glanced the above and it sounds like it has cylinder deactivation. Which might not be anything like today's VCM--or it might be identical.

Going from a 5S-FE Camry to this... a bit of a flip.
Yup, dealer serviced. Timing belt and water pump done at Honda. 36 service records on the carfax.

I mean I'm at 3300 out the door w a 1 owner mint condition dealer maintained old lady drive Honda accord 😂. The only thing is, the Hybrid battery hasn't been replaced. That should be done at 100k or 10 years.

Last edited:
To preserve a car he'll end up selling next year. OP should just enjoy the 540.
Yeah I'm gonna put as many miles on my Genesis as quickly as I can, knowing me I'll impulsively sell it and get something else after 18 months, might as well use it 🤣

Well, I ended up buying the Accord. Paid $3,300 out the door. They just have to do an oil change. Taking car home Monday.
Even if I don't get the job, I can flip the Accord. Car drives like new. Trans fluid was changed at 78k, timing belt and water pump were done at 75k. Brakes and tires have more than 50% life left. Good car imo.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
$2654 for a Dorman hybrid battery on RockAuto for it if it ever needs one. Wouldn't be that big of a deal financially to replace IMO as the value of the car with a bad battery would be quite low, so it would be worth replacing if it ever needs one.

Back