How often do you wash your car?

I currently was the Jetta once a week and the Accord every other week. I was washing both of our vehicles every week once upon a time but life is just too busy now. How often do you wash your rides?

I wash it before my spring and fall detailing sessions. After that, only as needed, maybe 4 to 6 more times a year. We have long spells of cloudy weather here with fairly often rain or snow (except 5 week summer droughts that seems consistent lately). It is unusual for a washed daily driver to stay clean more than about 4 days. So why waste the time? Plus, I am a proponent of touching your paint the least amount reasonable.

Depends on the weather. In summer, maybe once every 4-6 weeks. In winter, it all depends on snow/melt thaw cycle + salt use on the road. Using Turtlewax ceramic hybrid spray prior to winter does help washing dirt off much easier and faster. Still beading water after four months.

once a month most likely; so that means two cars a month

however anytime I hit gas station I take floor pads out and dust/clean them off; I also do clean windows often for better outward visibility

I'd say roughly once a month, plus or minus two weeks... if it's a nice day in spring/summer/fall, I'll do a quick wash and vacuum/wipe dash/light detail at home.

I also aim to wash the salt off each time roads are clear and no snow is predicted in the near future during winter; that usually ends up being every couple of weeks or so. I do that at a drive-through touchless or a coin-op bay, depending on cost and where I am.

I try for a clean car, but am not too bothered by conditions making that difficult - it's a tool, one I want to take good care of and enjoy, but a tool nonetheless.

Mostly after rain events when I chose to drive in the rain. Otherwise I let Mom Nature do the job. Ford's Race Red is a very easy color to keep clean. If I am feeling motivated, after a rain I will dry the windows.

Usually once every couple months. I have four vehicles so I can't possibly wash them all regularly.

I usually do a major detailing in the spring & fall where I use a good wax / sealer. The times in between I use a spray wax when drying the car. Takes me the better part of an afternoon to wash one car, I'm pretty thorough inside and out.

Not at all during the winter can’t wash a car when it’s cold the car wash is closed and my driveway has gravel so it would make too much mud lol. I usually wash mine once in the summer and once in the spring.

I wash my truck a whole lot less, now that I've been working from home since March 16th.

If it rains, I can stay at home. If it snows, I can stay at home. I really don't have to get it out of the garage, if it means it'll get dirty.

And what do you know... truck stays a lot cleaner and has to be washed a lot less.

I wash it before my spring and fall detailing sessions. After that, only as needed, maybe 4 to 6 more times a year. We have long spells of cloudy weather here with fairly often rain or snow (except 5 week summer droughts that seems consistent lately). It is unusual for a washed daily driver to stay clean more than about 4 days. So why waste the time? Plus, I am a proponent of touching your paint the least amount reasonable.

In the PNW I live where there's little to no snow, and salt for that reason, but lots of rain from October-May. So you essentially wash your car, drive home in the rain, and it looks like you didn't wash it. I wash in the winter once or twice, between May & September whenever it looks gross or had bird poop or tree guts or bugs.

Back