Rain-X Spot Free Car Wash. Any other similar washes?

Got some Rain X Spot Free Car Wash on sale this week and WOW what a pleasant surprise. I've always been used to having to do a wipe down after rinsing to get rid of water spots, but with this car wash, I literally only had to rinse it off and there are almost NO water spots afterwards. This is hugely beneficial for me because I've noticed if I let water spots bake in over time, that often there's still hidden bits that seems to almost bond with the paint to the point where I have to do a polish to get rid of it. Which makes it really inconvenient when waxing because I have to make sure there's no deep water spots in the paint before applying a layer of wax. Not sure if anyone experiences something similar.

I'm going to be using this car wash going forwards, but now I'm wondering if there are other brands that also offer something similar?

I need to give that a try as my water is too hard to let a car air dry, although a Chemical Guys Wooly !
Mamouth towels makes short work of the task.

Last edited:
You're in Canada and it's the middle of May. How strong can the sun be to cause water spots?
I don't know when those "deep" water spots are manifesting, but this has been a problem for the last decade on my grey vehicle. Often times (in the winter), I'm only doing a pressure washer soap + spray down to get rid of salt and it's not feasible to always do a proper wipe down. Or in the summer if I know it's going to rain soon, I'm only going to do a rinse off instead of a full on hand wash.

Back