Car Wash season and products

It's almost that time for me. I've been looking forward to washing and applying protection to my vehicles since it was too cold to do it. Anybody starting with brand new products this year? What do you plan on using? I thought about trying out Suds Lab, but I'm not so sure now since I've seen the new Turtle Wax products. Meguiars Gold Class is my go-to for the wash bucket.

I really like Jescar Power Lock paint sealant. Been using it for years. Usually I precede it with Menzerna Final Finish, or something similar to remove imperfections and make it glossy.

And your thoughts?
Not as much foam as I would like but I think that's due to the fact it's a "Wash & Wax". Wash water feels really slick. I guess the wax coating is sufficient to get you by on semi-monthly wash schedule. Does leave behind a nice look on our metallic black 230i. I was using Optimum Car Shampoo pior and for my silver car I didn't notice a difference. I think Perls is a little expensive ($/wash). I may look at some Gyeon car wash soap. It's expensive but $/wash seems comparable if not cheaper than Perls.

It's almost that time for me. I've been looking forward to washing and applying protection to my vehicles since it was too cold to do it. Anybody starting with brand new products this year? What do you plan on using? I thought about trying out Suds Lab, but I'm not so sure now since I've seen the new Turtle Wax products. Meguiars Gold Class is my go-to for the wash bucket.
All I use. ;)
f64d19ea-d6ae-4b39-82ba-2528f6f66173_1.e32786ac0f95a843941feac8c7be131b.jpeg

I tried out SudsLab wheel cleaner this evening. This is a non-acid wheel cleaner. I decided to try after seeing a couple of reviews on YouTube. And I go through wheel cleaner quickly.

It seems to work well. It's supposed to be spray and rinse. But I used a wheel brush. It doesn't foam, and looks brown when you spray it on. The sprayer works well. Although the bottle leaked on the ride home after buying. That is the biggest negative.

I buy Aerospace 303 by the gallon.

Normally I spray it on an applicator and apply by hand after washing the car.

For the first time, I decided to just spray it everywhere other than the windows and paint - before washing the car.

Let it soak for a few hours

Other than some wasted product (wind taking away some of the spray and dripping), this process was so much easier.

Since it was applied in more places than usual, the results were better.

-Headlights look super clear, somehow 303 cleared up a bit of the fog.
-The plastics and rubbers outside of the car look more black than ever. Applied it to roof so things like the sunroof seals got treatment for the first time
-Even the wipers seem to perform better (Trico Ultra) and they're only a few weeks old

All in all, spraying the car down with 303 has made more of a wow effort than I've ever gotten.

Last edited:
Meguiars Gold Class is good stuff. Have used for years and will continue to. Bought a few 64 oz jugs when it dropped in price last month.

Also picked up 4 bottles of TW Seal N Shine because Advance Auto Parts was clearing it out for $2.35 a bottle. Couldn't pass it up for that price. I'll probably finish up my bottle of Griots 3 in 1 on my car, but everyone else in the family will get the Seal N Shine.

SS.jpg

Had to refil my supply of Meguiars interior detailer and learned they changed the sprayer... it's now a very fine mist. Not really a fan. Might be time to make the jump to their pro line interior cleaner stuff.

det.jpg

Aside from that, I got the yearly re-supply of fresh microfibers and I'm good to go.

I like CarPro's HydrO2 and HydrO2 Foam for washing once I have the car polished with Menzerna FF 3000 and my Rupes Mille. I use the HydrO2 Foam to wash everytime I wash the car.

I buy Aerospace 303 by the gallon.

Normally I spray it on an applicator and apply by hand after washing the car.

For the first time, I decided to just spray it everywhere other than the windows and paint - before washing the car.
What parts on a modern vehicle aren't painted or made of glass?
Tail lights, headlights, tires, wheels etc?
:unsure:

What parts on a modern vehicle aren't painted or made of glass?
Tail lights, headlights, tires, wheels etc?
:unsure:

+ rubber covering for the shocks, seals around the windows or between the doors, emblems, license plate, side skirt, most of the front of my HR-V is plastic and rear bumper on my edition isn't painted

Also the trim around the wheel well

plastic-rust-protection.jpeg

+ rubber covering for the shocks, seals around the windows or between the doors, emblems, license plate, side skirt, most of the front of my HR-V is plastic and rear bumper on my edition isn't painted

Also the trim around the wheel well

View attachment 151459

If you use CarPro's HydrO2 foam when washing, it applies protectant on everything as well, but doesn't get washed off when you wash it.

I applied 4 coats of Jescar Power Lock over a year ago (took about 2 days due to the extended dry times in cold weather) and the finish is still perfectly smooth with the zip lock bag test. Just wash when dirty and the paints returns to a super shiny finish.

Last edited:
Back