How often do you check your oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty obsessive, every time, from mowers to cars, the dipsticks pulled and checked each time before its started, of course not more then once a day

Every time I'm about to do a long (500+ mile) trip.

Haven't changed oil in over 30k miles/2.5 years now. Thanks to this website (and Esso XD-3) oil changes are a thing of the past for me.

quote:

Originally posted by den_s:
Just wonder how long your dipstick will last?

Considering my age, my dipstick works well. Thanks for asking.
grin.gif

Every two weeks or once a month. Cars doesn't leak and I've got nada oil consumption..

Every Saturday or Sunday the motors get the quick glance over. I then pull the dipstick to make sure level is full. I add when 150 ml is needed. Only takes 10 minutes for 2 vehicles.

I was the type that hardly ever checked the level do to no consumption, but then had the intake hose split in half for who knows how long.

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner,2.7 liter, 4 cylinder, Mobil1 5w30 ODO 25300
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner,3.0 liter,6 cylinder, Mobil1 5w40 tsuv ODO 104600
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

Every other tankful. Its easy while your right there at the gas station. Also the gas station is the only place where people DON'T ask if something is wrong when the hood is up.

i'm really around the bend. Sometimes on my breaks at work, I'll walk out and check the oil level just for relaxation. This happens about three times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back