How often do you check or replace your air filter ?

Not often enough. I tend to think they're good for 100k alongside the spark plugs, and forget about it until then. I don't think so, but I have lots of lightly driven highway driving on my side--the higher one's mpg is, the less air going through the motor. I think 30k is the interval on all mine, and should (somehow) get into the habit of doing then.

I check the one in my wife’s Chevy HHR about every six months. I used to go way longer than that but when I checked it about a year and a half ago, pack rats had climbed up the tube that goes from the sidewall of the car to the air cleaner housing and built a nest in the housing! That was a nasty mess to clean out.

My 2021 Ranger I bought new in 1/2022. I changed the engine air filter 6/2023 after I drove 25,000 miles. Fully plan on sticking with 30,000 from now on. Only changed early due to the wildfires from Canada clogging up the air quality around here.

Once a year or so. I plan to change the AF in my 535d twice a year, just to make me feel better. Whether it'll actually help anything, who knows.

I just do it once a year drive around 15-18k a year. There cheap that’s my thought.

I check the one in my wife’s Chevy HHR about every six months. I used to go way longer than that but when I checked it about a year and a half ago, pack rats had climbed up the tube that goes from the sidewall of the car to the air cleaner housing and built a nest in the housing! That was a nasty mess to clean out.

I rarely check air filters. We're in a low dust area, no dirt roads, etc. They last a long time for us. I just changed my Ram's OEM at 60,000. I was originally think I won't even bother looking at it for 30k or more.

But

Now I'm thinking. I'm more concerned about our van because it's not moving much now. It used to be driven every work day, now it's 2-3 times per week max. I think I'll do that every oil change now.

Intake filters, once a year, cabin filters usually twice a year. We get stupid levels of pollen here and this area is ground zero for truck terminals and huge distribution warehouses. Lots of pollution and diesel soot. Filters get grey very quickly.

about every 50-100k. I have two AEM DRYFLOW 21-202DK AND INJEN Nano 1010 I keep wrapped up just in case. I've learned from experience and notes on here that my filters get dirty, but not to the point of restrictions as I don't operate at the high end of the rpm so I wouldn't likely notice the small amount of restrictions. It's also noted that some dirt helps with filtration. The price of these special filters as just went crazy. Glad I bought when I did 😂.

I usually inspect my engine air filter every oil change. Normally replace them around 10,000 miles or if still looking fairly clean, 15,000 miles and in between if it gets too grayish dark on color.

The cabin air filter I haven't taken the time to replace yet, its been on there for about 2 years now. I don't use the A/C much which normally runs during hot summer driving days.

All our Hondas have automatic climate control so virtually all cabin air goes through them, want to have the system working optimally so usually every 6 months when they are pretty grey. Seldom have windows open and ACC is usually on. Lots of particulate pollution and pollen in our area.

Back