How often do I need to run my car to keep it healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I have a 4cylinder 30K 5sfe camry. Drive it every weekend mostly 120mi trip on the highway or at least a 10mi highway trip.

Do I need to make sure the car runs everyweek or can I keep it sitting outside and run it well once every 2 weeks.

Just curious at what point a car sits around and starts corroding or does something bad.

Thanks

Southern California? Dry climate? Do you use a synthetic, blend or dino oil? Your driving situatiuon is perfect for wear: minimal use, only driven on the highway. In this case your only concern will be corrosion protection. If you live in a dry climate, you'll see no corrosion at all. Maybe a little condensation if you live near the coast or in northern CA, but very slight.

Either way, this car will last you forever!

Yea, I use synthetic and change fluids by time interval (brake, tranny, engine oil, coolant). I live in the sacramento area, I do agree its pretty dry, but wonder about winter when it rains like once everyweek, I guess at that point I should drive it at least once a week?

I would worry about it. The synthetics will coat the internal parts(PAO & esters stick to metal longer than a dino oil) and keep corrosion down during the wet weather. Your current driving and maintenance practices will have this car running like new well beyond your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back