How often can you use fuel system additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSV

Once upon a time fuel system cleaners were seen as possible thinners to your motor oil. This is the reason I don't use them all the time. I also try to time their use to coincide with an upcoming oil change.

I realize that some cleaners are quite powerful solvents while others are milder and perform well as UCLs. What are your thoughts on the cleaners that can be used often versus the once a year (or less) brands?

I personally use Techron perhaps twice a year and Lucas UCL another 2 or three times. I am not familiar with BG44K, Neutra 131 or Fuel Power.

What are your thoughts?

regards,
Greg
patriot.gif
cheers.gif

I personally use FP every tank full on my own cars with no problems. Nuetra can also be used safely repeatedly. I see oil analysis results of cars using FP and Nuetra with no adverse affects on the oil.

Techron can be used every fillup and if you use Chevron you are in very small doses !

Yes they would. That's a good thing as it goes in, does it's job of cleaning and gets contamination desolved to a point of where it can be suspended into the oil then burns off after a while. How long would depend on many factors so that question I couldn't answer.

I thought that what was put into your fuel system stays in the fuel system and the same for oil...at least when I asked this a while ago...ie. there is no crossover between the 2 systems.

Do fuel system cleaners contaminate the oil??? How?

Dr T, combustion blowby, crankcase ventilation /recirculation, and cold engine/high idle on start, poor tune, or mechanical problems, poor hydrodynamic lubricant seal, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back