Would a fuel system treatment/additive skewer the results of a UOA?

Got my first sample of used oil ready to send off to Oil Analyzers for a UOA. As this is the first time I've done this, I'm curious if the Redline SL-1 Fuel System Cleaner I used in the last tank of gas prior to the oil change would reflect or skew the results? Dumb question I'm sure.....

There was some discussion a long time ago with a few people who had used Techron before a change and their UOAs were coming back with increased lead levels. Don't think there was ever any conclusion as to why that was though.

Got my first sample of used oil ready to send off to Oil Analyzers for a UOA. As this is the first time I've done this, I'm curious if the Redline SL-1 Fuel System Cleaner I used in the last tank of gas prior to the oil change would reflect or skew the results? Dumb question I'm sure.....
I would imagine not... generally these fuel system additives are so volatile and injected in such small amounts for such a short duration of time they go out the tailpipe or into the evaporative emissions system..

Last edited:
If you have excessive fuel dilution, some of that additive will end up in your oil and introduce background noise in the uoa results for sure.

Back