how much would this beater sell for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the free auto selling magazine you get at the supermarket or eBay. I assure you, you'll sell it to someone. And, it won't be like those ****** "Temporary tags" cars I see broken down on the side of the road on the way home from the dump they were sold from. This car runs.
I mean, did you drive the car first or hand over your cash and then turn the key?????????

I would go to a junkyard that allows you to remove parts from cars yourself. Parts are really cheap in those places. With any luck you might find a fender in your color, some door trim and a new headlight/signal light.

At my local junkyard, I could get all of this for less than $30. Cheaply tart it up a bit and the increase in what you get for it will far exceed the $30.

Plus, going to the junkyard is fun!

I would buy it for a few hundred. They have dirt track racing at a local racetrack here. They have an upcoming $15,000 to win race for 4 cylinder cars only. I would slap a rollcage in it remove the glass and go try to win the 15 grand.

http://www.cedarlakespeedway.com/enduro.asp?pId=21

Not a bad payout.
smile.gif

Even for a work car it is decent. Here in Minnesota there is alot of cars in worse shape then that. We don't have any inspections and this is rust heaven up here. Not a good combination there.

Bottom line if you were closer to Minnesota i would buy it.

With gas prices where they are, the 40mpg should be a good selling point or a good keeping point. That should save you or someone else enough money to justify keeping that thing running.

I don't know if my standards are low, but I think that car is in great shape - up here, cars that old are coated in rust. I'd replace the fender, light, tires, clean up the interior and drive it without a problem for a while....

HEY! Think people! This was owned by a BITOG'er! That maintenance performed makes it more valuable to me....

If I lived near you, I'd probably buy it for my daughter.

Tax deduction has two limits-
1. you need to itemize your deductions to get it
2. you are limited to what the charity sells it for typical $50-100

Basically the doantion just avoids you a tow or s**** fee.

So if you can sell it for more than $50 you are ahead of donating it and you saved the same tow fees since the new driver will drive off with it.

I bought a car for $50 with less body damage and a clean title. But I still think you could sell it for a few hundred since it runs good.

If it's still for sale, drive it to so cal, and I'll give you 250 + the money you spent driving it here, and I'll throw in 50 bucks for the greyhound bus back to nashville.

quote:

Originally posted by Oldmoparguy1:
That wouldn't pass a safty inspection here. Broken windshield? No problem.
grin.gif
Broken turn signal lense? Forgetaboutit.
nono.gif

no safety inspection here, just emissions only.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back