How much should I sell this vehicle for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to help out my Mom who is selling the following vehicle:

1992 Oldsmobile 98
3.8L V-6
72,000 miles
No rust (former owner was an old lady who never drove it in winter)
Power Everything
New brakes
Class III receiver hitch already installed/wired
Fresh tranny flush and tune up.

I was thinking 2000 bucks. I know KBB says 1600, but that seems low for how good a shape this car is.

These 3800 engines run forever. If I didn't already possess two vehicles I'd buy it. This thing rides like a Caddy over bumps and is a great highway cruiser.

It runs like a dream and everything checks out with it. A mechanic looked it over and said it is mechanically perfect. Has slight hail damage on roof and a few small dents on hood from it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
NO RUST, and the low miles, it was driven by an old lady, definetly no lower than $2000.00

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
$2500 OBO

I think you are right. If I am shooting for 2,000, I need to ask more and move down from there.

Thanks!

Sounds great, the only holdback for someone paying what it's worth is that it's a 1992.

Perhaps you could start out around $2400 & emphasize the spectacular condition.
19.gif

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
$4500
Trade the old girl in.
Clunker for cash..........One day left LOL

I am restricted by the rules governing politics on this board to tell you what I really think about cash for clunkers, but you could probably guess where I am coming from. LOL

57.gif

Last edited:
I think you should be able to get at least 2K for it if you are patient and the hail damage is not a deal breaker. You just need to wait for a buyer smart enough to see what they're getting.

Sell it high with the expectation of getting what you want on the car.

IF you want 2k for the car, sell at 2500 OBO, always higher so the people who try to chew you down think they won, but you got what you wanted to begin with.

2k-2500 is reasonable for a nice car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back