how much oil do you keep on hand?

Years ago in days of old when magic filled the air, I stocked up on the green gold of yore that many of us sought out. Now however, I only keep a few quarts of Mobil 1 on hand.
But did Gollum, and the evil one creep up and slip away wth them?

usually 2 oil changes for my truck & 2 for my wifes elantra. i currently have some mobil 1 EP & some quaker state. purchased both on rollback at wally.

What I have in shed

Attachments

• 4F9FE38E-ECC7-4AFC-8BE9-91B52397DA86.jpeg
    4F9FE38E-ECC7-4AFC-8BE9-91B52397DA86.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 80
2qts of leftover 40s
4qts RT6 5w40
5qts M1 HM 10w40
5qts Castrol Edge 5w40
5qts Valvoline Euro 5w40
15qts QSUD Euro 5w40
15qts Castrol Edge 0w40
18qts PP Euro 0w40

Sheesh! Beginning to question my manhood on this here BITOG lol. I get it I'm a newwwbiee...but dang🤦‍♂️ What if I said I have 0 on hand. Except 2 cycle oil for my weed eater 😬...

I generally just buy it when I'm ready for a OC for me or my wife lol.
Just started buying at the beginning of this year when prices started to creep up. Found a bunch of QS on sale at Walmart and rebates on PP. Now i have 14 5qts of QSFS, PP, Mobil 1 and found 7qts of PP 0w40 SRT on Marketplace for cheap. Plus I just ordered 2 6gal boxes of Duramax oil from Grainger, on sale, due in the end of Sept.

Give it time

Just started buying at the beginning of this year when prices started to creep up. Found a bunch of QS on sale at Walmart and rebates on PP. Now i have 14 5qts of QSFS, PP, Mobil 1 and found 7qts of PP 0w40 SRT on Marketplace for cheap. Plus I just ordered 2 6gal boxes of Duramax oil from Grainger, on sale, due in the end of Sept.

Give it time
Lol...I have a feeling it's coming. 😂 especially since all of you wonderful guys at BITOG keep us informed on rebates and sale's. One more automotive fetish to give the wife heartburn!

Last edited:
Sheesh! Beginning to question my manhood on this here BITOG lol. I get it I'm a newwwbiee...but dang🤦‍♂️ What if I said I have 0 on hand. Except 2 cycle oil for my weed eater 😬...

I generally just buy it when I'm ready for a OC for me or my wife lol.
Having 0? I call that...normal.

Well, call me abnormal. After the oil clearance of 2019/20, I have way too much to say it's for personal use but I do help friends and family. IIRC, the cost per quart when purchased was about $0.80 and $3 per Fram FPS filter so an average oil change is about $8.

We keep 200 quarts of MobilOne in the basement, next to the furnace. Those bottles get kind of hot some cold days, hehehe...

I hate going to Walmart. Lol. Have 5 or 6 6qt jugs in the garage. That's a lot for me.

M1 ESP 5W-30 6qt, boxes......................3
Castrol Edge 5W-40 5qt. ........................2
8100 X Clean 5W-40 5L boxes..............2
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-40 6 qt. jugs....2
Pennzoil FS 5W-30 5 qt. jug.................... 1
M1 Euro 0W-40..................................8 qts.
Ravenol DXG 5W-30 5L jug.................... 1

I have two cars that I maintain.

I started, a long time ago, emptying all cabinets from food and clothes and started putting oil in them. Currently in a lengthy discussion with the local Walmart auto department manager to sell me his oil before hitting the shelves.
BITOG does that to some people :D

Back