How many of you stock up on oil products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
86 qts. GC 0W30
12 qts. Schaeffer's Blend 10W30
10 Mann oil filters
11 UltraGuard Gold oil filters
5 STP oil filters

Gee, 2 more qts. and I'm in the triple digit club. Gotta run.

code:

GC - > 36+ qts

Castrol 5w20 - > 5 qts

Castrol 10w30 - > 4 qts

Castrol Syntec 10w40 - > 1 qt

Castrol Syn Blend 10w40 - > 1 qt

Castrol Syntec ATF - > 5 qts

M1 0w20 - > 10 qts

M1 75w140 - > 2 qts

Exxon Superflow 0w20 - > 7 qts

Synergyn 0w20 - > 2 qts

Lubro-Moly 0w40 - > 1 5 ltr jug

Valvoline MC 20w50 - > 3 qts

Val Dura Blend 80w90 - > 1 qt

Schaeffer #132 - > 3 pints

Schaeffer #267 - > 1 qt

Schaeffer #131 - > 1.5 gal

Pennzoil 80w90 - > 1 qt

QS ATF 4x4 - > 4 qts

Lube Control - > .75 gal

Plus various opened bottles of diff brand/weight of motor oil, additives etc.

T-kieth I definitely think it is a good idea to stock up on the AC PF1072 and equivalent oil filters as this filter ONLY fits the 1988-92 pontiac 2.5L engines and i have a scarry feeling that these maybe discontinued and then we will be out of luck.

Tallpaul,thought I was one of the only ones out there that can't wait til the next change..I only got 104 miles to go and I can't wait...You are right extended drains are killing me...
grin.gif

Got one Fram DoubleGuard filter for either Buick.

And Patman, have you tried going to other Wally's Worlds in the GTA? I've never seen either of the two Hamilton locations that are out of it.

quote:

Originally posted by Vuarra:

And Patman, have you tried going to other Wally's Worlds in the GTA? I've never seen either of the two Hamilton locations that are out of it.

No worries now, after a period of time of no fresh GC, my local Walmart has now fully restocked again.
smile.gif
So I can continue hoarding it until my shrine is full (or my wife kicks me out!)
tongue.gif

as an update to this thread, i needed to stock up on cheap oil so i got in on the pennzoil/quakerstate oil deal at pepboys.

each quart of shell was 90 cents, each quart of quakerstate was 80 cents.
i now own:
12 quarts of shell 10w30
12 quarts of shell 20w50
12 quarts of quakerstate 10w40
12 quarts of quakerstate sae30
5 quarts of valvoline max life 10w30 (free after rebate)
thats a whopping $40.80 for 53 quarts of good namebrand oil.
and i am still holding onto that single motorcraft filter waiting for my next oil change.

maybe we should have a thread dedicated to oil shrine pictures? anyone up for that idea?

5 qts GC
24 qts GTX 10w-30
12 qts GTX 5w-30
5 qts Penn. 5w-30
5 qts Syntec blend 10w-30
6 qts GTX high mileage 10w-30
10 qts Maxlife 10w-30 (free)
12 qts Val all cliamate (.80 qt)
twak.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Vuarra:
Got one Fram DoubleGuard filter for either Buick.

Please don't put that teflon soaked cardboard in your cars!

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

No worries now, after a period of time of no fresh GC, my local Walmart has now fully restocked again.
smile.gif
So I can continue hoarding it until my shrine is full (or my wife kicks me out!)
tongue.gif

I'd say the out before the full.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sewerman:
Tallpaul,thought I was one of the only ones out there that can't wait til the next change..I only got 104 miles to go and I can't wait...You are right extended drains are killing me...
grin.gif

I have to wait at least 3700 miles on the Aerostar, 3700 miles on the Pickup, and 4000 on the motorhome. Bwaaaaaa!
mad.gif
No oil changes for me until well into the fall. Oh yeah, but I do need to do some tranny fluid changes real soon.
grin.gif

Do you suppose BITOG is a secret oil company plot??? Didn't the US Post Office start encouraging stamp collecting because it relized it could move more product, and do it in a whole new market? Castrol product mgr, "Let's see. We'll label it as coming from Europe, so it's more collectible." ;-)

Sorry, just an amateur here.... 6 qts M1 5w30, and 3 filters on hand :-(

I don't like to stock up too much. Formulations are changing all the time and in 3MP's case, I believe he is using an older version of Amsoil's ASL. Not trying to make any excuses but Amsoil's recent showing and testing they have done suggest that their oils are more shear stable then ever and don't thicken like in the past. M1 has had it's fair share of formulation changes as well. New additives and ideas are always being thrown into the mix so stocking up can be a bad thing IMO depending on how good the formula is once they make the change. GC though is an exception bc it's hard to find.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I don't like to stock up too much. Formulations are changing all the time

I sometimes worry that by stocking up too much GC, they might improve the formula and then I'll want to use that instead of using up my big supply first. But at the same time, I worry that they might stop importing this stuff here, or that it'll change for the worse when API SM comes out. So I continue to add to my collection at the rate of one bottle per week.
smile.gif

quote:

they might improve the formula

It would be one hard task to improve GC.
smile.gif
That oil is as good as they come. I agree though, you never know.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by DonCT:

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Pyrek:
In the cars I personally drive I keep an oil change and filter in the trunk for a 'just in case' situation.

"Now let's see, when I left to go to the supermarket, it was 2,996 since my last oil change. Now it's 3,003. Do I want to risk the drive home or should I just crawl underneath..."

Wow, now that's a bastardization my preperation.

It's there incase I have a serious problem. I do a decent amoutn of SCCA racing and travel some decent distances to the events, so if I have an oil problem I can rectify it quickly. I also keep with me a healthy stock of coolant, brake fluid and an extra radiator cap with my car as well. The only times I have needed a tow home was when I didn't have that stuff with me.

quote:

Originally posted by davefr:
Does anyone buy oil in a 5 gallon pail or a 55 gallon drum??

I'm thinking of doing it with Delvac 1300. I use it in all 3 of my vehicles. However, I'll only do it if it is cost effective. Well, only the 5 gallon pail, not the drum. Not enough room in the basement with all my other car parts and race gear.

Speaking of which, I gotta change the tires on the race car...

[ June 05, 2004, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Pyrek ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back