How many of you stock up on oil products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Crazy Canuck:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Everytime I'm confident it's here to stay, something seems to happen to make me doubt it (such as how my local Walmart hasn't restocked in a few weeks now and the shelf is empty)

Patman,

Tha Canadian Tires here in Montréal seem to have a steady supply of it at something like 6.66 w/o tax.

cheers,
canada.gif

The shelf at my local Walmart is still empty. It's never gone this long without being refilled. Now I'm beginning to worry.
frown.gif

let me throw my big feet in here.. I have...

114 qts PCEO
(24 qts havoline 5w30, 10 qts 30 wt)
(51 qts Exxon superflo 10w30, 24 qts 10w40)
(5 qts Valvoline maxlife 5w30)

7 qts Redline Dexron 4

3 gallons of peak antifreeze
1 gallon of dexcool

3 havoline oil filters
3 supertech oil filters

3 gallons of deicer fluid

5 transmission filters

4 bottles of red lubegard

1 bottle of : brake fluid, psf

2 bottles of valvoline maxlife engine protector

11 bottles of redline water wetter

geez, that's all I can think of right now. I'm not at home at the moment. everything is strategically placed in my shrine.
grin.gif

Some of you guys are nuts
smile.gif

Here's my stockpile.

6 quarts of German Castrol 0w30 for my truck
1 5 quart jug of Mobil1 5w30 for my truck
2 5 quart jugs of Mobil1 10w30 for my tbird
2 quarts of Mobil1 15w50 for mixing into my tbird
5 quarts of 10w40 for dad's caravan
3 supertech filters for dad's caravan
12 motorcraft filters for the tbird/truck
5 quarts of havoline mercon V
2 bottles of 80w90 mobil1 gear lube
2 quarts of straight 30w castrol for lawnmowers
And a few supertech lithium grease cartridges.

I like to keep enough on hand to do 1 oil change/vehicle and an extra filter for each one

I plan on stocking up (3 cases) on some Mobil one, when I see the price gets low (~$20/case)

I keep an extra filter for each car becuase sometimes they are not availible when i buy my oil.
I buy my oil a few days before an oil change.

Years back, when my uncle was visiting from Lithuania, he looked in my garage and remarked, "There's more stuff here than the average Autoservice station in Lithuania!"

I buy a case at a time and two to three filters at a time. Space for storage is limited. But for my new one under warranty, I just buy 5 quarts and one filter just before oil change and keep the dated receipts. I do not want to have alot of old oil when the next improvement in the API service grade rating comes.

"The shelf at my local Walmart is still empty. It's never gone this long without being refilled. Now I'm beginning to worry."

lol.gif
Sorry, I can just imagine you going back to the auto parts area and falling to your knees in agony when you see it's not there.......

I currently just have:

1 gallon of Delvac 1300
10 gallons of M1 SUV
3 gallons of Valv.

15 oil filters(Purelator) Just bought 12 on Ebay for $15.
6 rolls of tp for my frantz!

This is just for my truck(Ram V10) I take the soccer mom mobile and the sable to Wallyworld since I don't get that much gratification on those vehicles...

I just have one filter for each car and one spare quart of M1 T&S and one GC. Call me a wimp, albeit one who probably has more free shelf space than some others.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Pyrek:
In the cars I personally drive I keep an oil change and filter in the trunk for a 'just in case' situation.

"Now let's see, when I left to go to the supermarket, it was 2,996 since my last oil change. Now it's 3,003. Do I want to risk the drive home or should I just crawl underneath..."

Don,

One time my dad had his oil changed at Jiffy Lube, normally his brother does it, but he needed it done at the last minute b4 a trip. TRaveling on the grapevine on I-5 in CA while pulling a 5th wheel, the oil filter shot off and started puking oil...This was on a new Ram w/Cummins diesel. Well after he cleaned everything up from his engine compartment, he looked at the filter, wrong size. Those nimrods put on the wrong filter. Lucky for my dad, he keeps a spare filter in his tool box and extra oil.

Never know what can happen, better to have it and not need it, then vice versa...

i have a case of hastings filters , 2 cases of neutra 131, 2.5 cases of ep moly 132, 10 bottles of torco mpz additive, 4 bottles of redline sl-1 fuel treatment,and 8 bottles of synergyn oil treatment..one can say iam stocked up....lol...lol

I went hog wild and bought 26 qts of M1 SUV (Delvac 1). I got it for $3.79/qt.

I'm tempted to try it in my GTP (3.8 L67) and my TT Supra (2JZGTE). The GTP has been using M1 10W-30 and the Supra has used RL 10W-30. I also plan to use it in my diesel tractors.

I also have about 6 gallons of M1 10W-30. My stock pile just went up by 6 qts since Valvoline announced they're reneging on the Synpower rebate. I was able to exchange this Group III crap for "good old" M1.

[ May 29, 2004, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: davefr ]

Cleaned out most of my stash in the last couple months with oil changes on several vehicles. Was getting pretty low so I did the necessary thing: Went out and bought 1.5 cases two weeks ago and then bought 14 more bottles today. Now I have 42 bottles, enough for all three vehicles over the next year. And the fullest stocked shelf yet. Had to clear some more shelf space to fit it all in.

Now which vehicle gets which oil, hmmm. Should I arrange them by brand or viscosity grade. Should I photograph the stash again. I can hardly wait for my next oil change. These extended OCIs are killing me. Now that I need the 3000 mile OCI, I know better. Just have to tough it out for 5000 miles. Well at least I can look at the bottles ( and sniff the open ones)
freak2.gif
Hey, they don't lock people up for getting this weired, do they?
gr_eek2.gif

I generally don't stock up on oil but i currently have 2 supertech 5W30 5 quart bottles for the dodge shadow and 1 mobile 1 5W30 5 quart bottle for the grand am. I also have a case of quakerstate atf+4 trans fluid for a trans flush i was going to do on the dodge last fall and never got around to it. As far as oil filters i have 1 case of AC PF1072 and i case of castrol maxpro cm3970 for the pontiac grand am and buick skylark both with 2.5L ironduke 4 cylinder engines and 4 filters (K&N hp2004,Fram X2 XG16,AC PF13, and an STP S16) For the dodge shadow with a 2.5L sohc 4 cylinder. So am i a freak yet? If not i am sure i am on the way
gr_eek2.gif

In the past, I never have. However after getting stuck paying $1.70/qt for Pennzoil in March, I jumped on the recent sale at Pep Boys'. I now have 2 full cases, and maybe another 8 quarts. In the meantime Wal-Mart is advertising a price roll back on their 5 quart bottles back to the $6.77.

quote:

Originally posted by Ironduke4:
I generally don't stock up on oil but i currently have 2 supertech 5W30 5 quart bottles for the dodge shadow and 1 mobile 1 5W30 5 quart bottle for the grand am. I also have a case of quakerstate atf+4 trans fluid for a trans flush i was going to do on the dodge last fall and never got around to it. As far as oil filters i have 1 case of AC PF1072 and i case of castrol maxpro cm3970 for the pontiac grand am and buick skylark both with 2.5L ironduke 4 cylinder engines and 4 filters (K&N hp2004,Fram X2 XG16,AC PF13, and an STP S16) For the dodge shadow with a 2.5L sohc 4 cylinder. So am i a freak yet? If not i am sure i am on the way
gr_eek2.gif

Right now I have 4 Purolators for my Iron Duke. Stocking up is a neccesity because the filters are getting hard to find.

-T

I've got 60 Qts of Havoline sysnthetic, only because Big lots put it on sales for 1.99 a Qt.

oh yea, for you Flame lovers out there,

GO LIGHTNING !!!! I hope it goes to game 7 I've got 4 tickets to see the BOLTS bring the cup home !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back