How is the Purolator One these days?

I'm seeing 99% at 30u for the 10k filters: ST3614 oil filter
Same rating for the 20k filters: MP4967 oil filter
Where are you seeing 20u? I know it won't have a huge impact on engine longevity, just looking for better information wherever I can.
Good link-the efficiency for the K&N Select is listed as an equally poor 99% @ 30 microns, Champ manufactured, same filter. Both overpriced fir what you get!

I'm seeing 99% at 30u for the 10k filters: ST3614 oil filter
Same rating for the 20k filters: MP4967 oil filter
Where are you seeing 20u? I know it won't have a huge impact on engine longevity, just looking for better information wherever I can.
My mistake, thought the question was about the PureOne. Yes, the efficiency on the STs are 99% @ 30μ.

Yeah somebody suggested supertech and I like 99% 20 micron for 10k miles.

Is that the best these days? Or has someone come out with 99% 10 micron now? I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on oil filters anymore.

Heck man...

99 percent at 20 microns is good enough...

Because if a filter is 99 percent at 20 then it's quite likely it's 70 percent at 10 microns.

Wix Gold was 95 percent at 20 microns and 50 percent at 6 microns.

All of which is way, way better than Hastings oil filter that went on my Nissan Altima VQ which was only 99 percent at 45 microns and 50 percent at 22 microns.

It sounds like we're close to reaching the pinnacle of oil filter design.

In what ways could they improve, aside from the obvious quality control issues we see sometimes?

Go get a Fram Titanium at Advance Auto Parts if you want pinnical and don't mind spending $15 ... or if you also need a 5 qt jug of oil, you can get a package deal that brings the oil and filter price down about 20%. The Titanium is still wire backed like the OG Ultra was.

I’ve used a few pure ones the last year and they have had no defects or tears from cutting them open.

Maybe that issue is largely... over with. Things change and companies will sometimes get QC issues under control. Maybe now, every once in awhile one will get by but for the most part they're back to the good old days.

Maybe that issue is largely... over with. Things change and companies will sometimes get QC issues under control. Maybe now, every once in awhile one will get by but for the most part they're back to the good old days.
Still I'd rather go with a different company that has had no known history of tearing. I'm not all that obsessed over brand name.

Go get a Fram Titanium at Advance Auto Parts if you want pinnical and don't mind spending $15 ... or if you also need a 5 qt jug of oil, you can get a package deal that brings the oil and filter price down about 20%. The Titanium is still wire backed like the OG Ultra was.
I have not seen the Titanium before now.

What is the difference in the Titanium and the Ultra?
Which is their top filter now? Or are the the same and it's marketing?

Has the pure one tearing problem been resolved or are we seeing less, because no one is running them?

I have not seen the Titanium before now.

What is the difference in the Titanium and the Ultra?
Which is their top filter now? Or are the the same and it's marketing?

Has the pure one tearing problem been resolved or are we seeing less, because no one is running them?

The Fram Titanium has grippy black exterior.... And fancy inlet holes... Which are really nothing but advertising fun.

The filter media appears to be the OG Fram Ultra filter media... Double layer full synthetic filter media that is wire backed as it needs to be. Not the welfared down new Fram Ultra that is really a TG with the fancy paint color and cool name.

I just put a Fram Titanium on the lady's 98 Camry.

OG design is nice to still be able to find.

The Fram Titanium has grippy black exterior.... And fancy inlet holes... Which are really nothing but advertising fun.

The filter media appears to be the OG Fram Ultra filter media... Double layer full synthetic filter media that is wire backed as it needs to be. Not the welfared down new Fram Ultra that is really a TG with the fancy paint color and cool name.

Thanks!

I have not seen the Titanium before now. What is the difference in the Titanium and the Ultra?

How are you liking the Titanium on the Camry? Any start up rattle? My 2000 Camry (5S-FE) might appreciate a fancy pants filter 😄

My local Menards is offering the blue Purolator Ones at $6.97, while the local Walmart has the comparable Fram Ultra for $10.22. I'm doing annual OCIs with low mileage (~5,000) and currently have a Mobil M1 installed. I don't like the idea of paying about $3 more for a filter, but it is piece of mind for an annual OCI. On the flipside, I think the M1 held up fine so far, and those are nothing special. In fact, I think they're M&H made too. I know it's kind of subjective, but I'm curious what you folks think.

I posted an update earlier about some unsettling news I learned today about my Fleetguard oil filter efficiency, so I don't think I'm comfortable using those.

Back