Return of Pure One Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No she told me she is sending me 3 back. She said I will be getting what ever filter is current, which should be the "One" filter. That said she didn't even know their filters, because she hadn't heard of the PurolatorOne filter before. Yet its right on their website. I sent her the link to it.

Originally Posted By: Scott351W
That said she didn't even know their filters, because she hadn't heard of the PurolatorOne filter before.

Purolator must have got all new people, or else they did the Vulcan mind melt/memory erase procedure on the old employees.

Well this was a waste of effort. They shipped me back 3 PureOne filters, not the new Ones they are now making. At least the date code was from February 2016, so they are new stock. But whether the tear issue was fixed on these by then, I can't say. I thought that fix was implemented with the new "One" filters. That said they fleeced me on UPS broker fees, as I had to pay $21 to receive the box. So basically I paid for the filters twice. This should have been covered under a warranty issue and with no charge. Why I'd have to pay any fee at all I don't know. $21 equates to $100 in filter costs, yet they quoted these filters as being only worth $6 each. So even the broker fee doesn't add up to what I paid. I won't be buying their filters again that is for sure.

Last edited:
^^^ Dang ... Purolator strikes again. So the ones they sent must have the new louvered center tube if they where made Feb 2016.

It seems strange Purolator would even still be making the old PureOne filters in Feb 2016 when the new line is already hitting the streets.

Do I risk using these or should I just junk them? I thought the fix came with the new "ONE" filters? That said I have to correct a previous post. I called the 1 800 number in their contact info and left my email address to respond to. That is how I got Barbara's email.

Do I risk using these or should I just junk them? I thought the fix came with the new "ONE" filters?

Do the PureOne filters they sent you have the louvered center tube? Is the date code really Feb 2016? It just seems strange they are still making the PureOne when the "ONE" is now on the streets. Maybe they haven't switched all the models over to the new line yet (?).

Here are some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Links aren't working directly, so I guess you'll have to copy and paste url.

Last edited:
I could do that, but don't have the capability here to cut one open.

I checked on the PurolatorONE filter and it is being released in the first quarter of this year. So maybe I was bit early on the draw, as they are probably just going into production now.

I use tin snips they cost about $15 at sears and cut around the top of the can after you take the gasket out. The initial cut is tough but once you make a line and get the edge in the can it cuts through the can like butter, just watch the sharp metal coming off and wear thick gloves.

This is what I use it cuts through the Ultras thicker can fine, only $11 online
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00002N5KP/

Here are some pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Links aren't working directly, so I guess you'll have to copy and paste url.

Looks like need to be logged into tapheads.net in order to see them.

I don't have a picture host website, so I guess I'll have to forgo the pics.

photobucket is free up to 2GB

I'll also mention that my two contacts at Purolator have failed to respond to my emails the last week, so maybe they caught wind of the thread here on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back