Return of Pure One Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Scott351W
I'll also mention that my two contacts at Purolator have failed to respond to my emails the last week, so maybe they caught wind of the thread here on this site?

I doubt it because it took them years to even notice the failure spreadsheet

Originally Posted By: Scott351W
P1000698_zpsrk1dtgdz.jpg

P1000697_zpsem8ewp4w.jpg

WOW I'm surprised they're still not using the new blue cans for the P1 yet. The new Classic red cans and Boss black cans have been out for months!

Maybe they decided to keep the textured grip after all, which is the main reason I used Purolator in the past.

Those are louvers (used in the newer centerube), and 'just eyeballing' they appear plentiful and well open imo.

Using your date code, I'd say you got some of the last 'hybrid type P1'. Older texture paint but newer louvered centertube design.

Now whether you chose to use them, your call. If 'I' had major doubts about reliability, I'd use one for a shorter oci/fci to start, and then cut it open rather than just toss them. Just me.

Keep in mind, some UOAs have been done/posted on Puros with tears and shown nothing out of the ordinary, including insolubles. But again, your call.

I just bought two Pure One filters.

Late date codes one September 2015 and one January 2016.

Louvered tubes....yellow paint....I'm using them both.

Various aspects of production get changed at different times.

Regards,

Scott

You have em so go ahead and use em.
Nothing bad will happen to your engine.
Just cut one open after you used it and see for yourself.
If it has any tears in the media,then you can make an informed decision.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Those are louvers (used in the newer centerube), and 'just eyeballing' they appear plentiful and well open imo.

Those louvers do look opened up way more than the new designed Purolators I looked at last week at the store. Worth inspecting before purchasing because seems they can vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back