How is the Purolator One these days?

Royal Purple filters have priced me out. Back when they were roughly $17 each, I didn't mind paying a premium for one of the top filters you could buy. But now they're about $30 for me. And I can't justify it any longer. So I'm considering switching to the Purolator One, which everyone used to love. Are they still good? Or do I need to inspect them for quality issues before I put them on the car? If I should avoid Purolator, what's the best filter I can get in the $8 - $15 range?

If it's relevant: My car is a 2018 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid. It's got 60k miles on it and I will likely sell the car at 250k miles. Given my commute, this should take me about 4 more years.

Ditto. Use them frequently and never an issue.
porolator.jpg

Royal purple filters are mfg by champion labs, same as M1, K&N, and many others. I personally just use a Wix XP or Napa platinum. Both of those are mfg by Hummel/mann

I used a pure one last oil change,3,700 miles over 6 months..cut it open.it was very nicely built,no tears. 10111 filter for a 98 lesabre..their were issues,with pure ones tearing.long time now. Its a risk. But its efficiency 99%@20 microns. Project farm tested some air filters, wix,pure one came out ontop.then AC delco..team the rest didn't filter as well. If their air filters didn't perform as well as wix,purolator...ice imagine their filters material efficiency as well.

So I'm considering switching to the Purolator One, which everyone used to love. Are they still good? Or do I need to inspect them for quality issues before I put them on the car?
Any oil filter should be inspected before putting them on an engine ... better yet, should be inspected before buying if possible. Purolator uses louvers, so that's one thing to inspect for sure. PureOne should be fine these days ... but cut it open after use just to make sure. :)

Filters are $12.99. If you like them I'd just order a bunch online!

Didn't know you could do this. My usual places (amazon, ebay) just kept going higher.

Do people generally like RP filters? Reading this site, seems like all the filters are made by like 3 different companies and they just put different labels on them.

If you are using a 5000 mile OCI interval then a Purolator One PL14476 would be ideal I would think.
With a current $4 rebate, would turn to be less than $5 per filter.
Have used Purolator for a long time and then switched to the Fram XG and now just bought several oversized one for my camry.
Not sure if the PL14476 has a oversized equivalent though.
If synthetic media is a must, Fram XG would be under $10/

I like to use 10,000 mile OCI. That's what made me want to use RP. It's also what attracted me to Purolator One, it says it's 10k miles.

Back