How is CC Cleaner ? Need Opinions From Some Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good program to run periodically. It's really useful for removing duplicate files. I didn't know I had 75MB worth of duplicate media files on my HDD

Been running it for a year and does a good job. You need to configure it prior to running it for the first time since the default settings are suspect.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Is CCleaner redundant If I have MWB Free version?
(I think not, but want to hear from experts)

Two different purposes. One finds and gets rid of malware. One cleans up old files and other clutter.

I've used if for a couple of years and seems to work well. I only run it every week or two.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Excellent and I've used it longer than I can remember. One thing you must do is to set the cookies you want to keep or you'll be signing in to websites & forums every single time you go there.

Yep, good point.

I use CCleaner more as a one-stop shop for uninstalling applications and managing start up and browser plugins than anything else. I do use the cleaning functionality every so often, but I do uncheck a lot of the features before I do. I don't need it to get rid of my internet history or list of recently used spreadsheets, but I do have it to remove some types of temporary files.

I think apps like this CAN begin to be counter-productive if they're used on a regular basis. Sort of similar to the "app killers" on Android phones, which just end up using more processor cycles and battery juice. CCleaner is pretty safe, but if you regularly have it to remove certain index files and such, your computer just has to spend time rebuilding those all the time. Similar to the "cookie" example given above.

For that reason, I regularly use some of its other features, but not so much the "cleaning" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back