How important is an OEM oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2022 Rav4 hybrid. Finding a Toyota OEM oil filter part # 90915-yzzn1 is more difficult than expected. My dealer is 2 hours away as well and won't ship. Is an OEM filter for first oil change important or another brand would be just as good if not better? Thanks!
I can Toyota oil filters for our 2022 4Runner on eBay. Dealers ship stuff all the time.

I take from skimming 7 pages of the OP asking is an OEM filter important because he can't find the correct oe item.. OP is adamant in using OEM even though many of us stated the non importance of oe. This post should be need help locating OEM filter?

It would have been so much easier if the OP had asked for a Toyota oil filter. That is what he wanted but his original question convoluted things.

It should be no problem to locate dealer sellers online and buy the filter from them.

It would have been so much easier if the OP had asked for a Toyota oil filter. That is what he wanted but his original question convoluted things.

It should be no problem to locate dealer sellers online and buy the filter from them.
You would think. However it seems most online don’t have the correct part number, show the old part number or are not oem. I wanted to make sure I’m getting the correct part number as well as not counterfeit.

Screenshot_20220522-150707_DuckDuckGo.jpg

See the highlighted text.

You would think. However it seems most online don’t have the correct part number, show the old part number or are not oem. I wanted to make sure I’m getting the correct part number as well as not counterfeit.
I posted a search link TO eBay of the part number you're looking for. Lots of people selling the Toyota OEM filter you're looking for.

LINK

I posted a search link TO eBay of the part number you're looking for. Lots of people selling the Toyota OEM filter you're looking for.

LINK
I should have been more clear. eBay shows pictures of the old part number and I didn’t want to take a risk. I also didn’t want to go through eBay as I’ve been hearing about many counterfeits being sold on eBay.

See how complicated it is. I talked to my dealership and they said that is not correct. To find YZZN1
Interesting. I was always pro to using OEM oil filters.. after watching hours of YouTube seeing filters cut-open and having success using Mobil 1, wix and now kn oil filter(blk can) on the wifes Sentra there's no need to hunt down OEM. Unless I could find OEM at Walmart I'm not hunting for them.

Interesting. I was always pro to using OEM oil filters.. after watching hours of YouTube seeing filters cut-open and having success using Mobil 1, wix and now kn oil filter(blk can) on the wifes Sentra there's no need to hunt down OEM. Unless I could find OEM at Walmart I'm not hunting for them.
Good to know. That’s why I posted here. Sounds like it’s not essential.

I have a 2022 Rav4 hybrid. Finding a Toyota OEM oil filter part # 90915-yzzn1 is more difficult than expected. My dealer is 2 hours away as well and won't ship. Is an OEM filter for first oil change important or another brand would be just as good if not better? Thanks!
Many Toyota dealers will ship and their prices are very competitive.

I should have been more clear. eBay shows pictures of the old part number and I didn’t want to take a risk. I also didn’t want to go through eBay as I’ve been hearing about many counterfeits being sold on eBay.
Plenty of the eBay adds show photos of the exact Toyota oil filter you are looking for. And many of the sellers are actual Toyota dealerships, like this one. You just have to know how to tell if a seller is legitimate or not.

Plenty of the eBay adds show photos of the exact Toyota oil filter you are looking for. And many of the sellers are actual Toyota dealerships, like this one. You just have to know how to tell if a seller is legitimate or not.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I could trust eBay sellers but sounds like definitely can. Thanks!

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I could trust eBay sellers but sounds like definitely can. Thanks!
I would only buy from a Toyota dealership selling on eBay, or a seller that has been on eBay a very long time and has huge positive ratings. Scammers do not last long on eBay because eBay does indeed clamp down when complaints start coming in.

I would only buy from a Toyota dealership selling on eBay, or a seller that has been on eBay a very long time and has huge positive ratings. Scammers do not last long on eBay because eBay does indeed clamp down when complaints start coming in.
I only buy my filters from my local Toyota dealer. I know how to spot counterfeit parts and Toyota will pull their franchise if caught selling fakes.

Quit being so cheap and buy genuine OEM filters. You obviously care about your car by being on this forum, so don't be a cheapskate and buy strictly on price. My dealer's price is very competitive and they will price match any other genuine Toyota filter found online sold by another Toyota dealer.

I only buy my filters from my local Toyota dealer. I know how to spot counterfeit parts and Toyota will pull their franchise if caught selling fakes.

Quit being so cheap and buy genuine OEM filters. You obviously care about your car by being on this forum, so don't be a cheapskate and buy strictly on price. My dealer's price is very competitive and they will price match any other genuine Toyota filter found online sold by another Toyota dealer.
FYI ... I don't buy genuine OEM filters, or any oil filters from eBay for that matter (but I buy other stuff on eBay). I don't know how you made that huge leap. 😂

I'm simply giving some advice to someone who is really set on buying OEM Toyota oil filters. Think that seems pretty obvious. And besides, if you read things correctly you would see that the OP doesn't have any Toyota dealers so he's looking for a way to get them without going to a dealership. And besides again, many of the sellers on eBay ARE Toyota dealerships.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back