How do we feel about the Bosch QuietCast pads?

I'm looking for a new pad for my mom's CR-V. The ultimate goal here is as little brake dust as possible. She likes to use the touchless car wash 🤮 and it can't clean the wheels properly. Looks funky.

The Centric pads on there after about half way have started leaving a good bit more dust. Almost like the first half was ceramic and the 2nd semi metallic.

I would recommend Napa Adaptive One Ceramic brake pads. Great pad - no noise, low dust, and great stopping power. The Adaptive One Ceramics are just slightly cheaper than the Akebono ProACT brake pads, which are another solid choice.

Bosch has been making the pads for AutoValue/Bumper to Bumper affiliate stores as the PerfectStop series. They also make Duralast Elite(until AutoZone decides to have MAT Roulunds in India make those) and they are one of the suppliers besides Wagner and ITT Galfer for Motorcraft. I’d use those. I’ve installed two sets of the Bosch PerfectStops, they seem to work fine.

I’m meh on Centric pads - the 105 PosiQuiets stop fine, but are very grabby wet. A set installed on an old co-worker’s car seems to be stopping fine.

Reactions: wlk
I'm looking for a new pad for my mom's CR-V. The ultimate goal here is as little brake dust as possible. She likes to use the touchless car wash 🤮 and it can't clean the wheels properly. Looks funky.

The Centric pads on there after about half way have started leaving a good bit more dust. Almost like the first half was ceramic and the 2nd semi metallic.
There are some hi temp wheel sealants that help reduce brake pad dust from sticking. I had a boss years ago that had a Range Rover sport and it dusted the front wheels heavily.

There are some hi temp wheel sealants that help reduce brake pad dust from sticking. I had a boss years ago that had a Range Rover sport and it dusted the front wheels heavily.

I've used the ArmorAll version with some success. I'll look and see if there is something better.

OP, the reviews on the Bosch pads are generally good on Amazon. If there is a reason (such as cost) to buy them over the Akebono, then you'll probably be ok. Most of the ceramic compound pads either dust less or have lighter colored dust.

I’ve not used the Bosch. Akebono was very similar to the older ceramic Wagner TQ pads that we all talked about for a while. The ake’s are a safe bet for lowest dust… though at a compromise to less overall stopping power. That said, for a car specc’d up front for those kinds of pads, no issue. Akebono pads with raybestos advanced technology rotors on our Gen 1 MDX was an amazing car/pad/rotor combination… you could almost tip the suv on to it’s front bumper with a hard stop with those!

I’ve not used the Bosch. Akebono was very similar to the older ceramic Wagner TQ pads that we all talked about for a while. The ake’s are a safe bet for lowest dust… though at a compromise to less overall stopping power. That said, for a car specc’d up front for those kinds of pads, no issue. Akebono pads with raybestos advanced technology rotors on our Gen 1 MDX was an amazing car/pad/rotor combination… you could almost tip the suv on to it’s front bumper with a hard stop with those!
TBH, I’d go in this order:
OEM/OES > Akebono > Bosch > Duralast Gold/Duralast Elite, WearEver, BrakeBest, Bendix> everything else.

The jury is out wirh Raybestos for me, I had nothing but disappointment with them. Supposedly, EHT3s are supposed to be more than decent.

TBH, I’d go in this order:
OEM/OES > Akebono > Bosch > Duralast Gold/Duralast Elite, WearEver, BrakeBest, Bendix> everything else.

The jury is out wirh Raybestos for me, I had nothing but disappointment with them. Supposedly, EHT3s are supposed to be more than decent.
Have you tried Powerstop Evolution brakes?

I find them to be much decent in terms of cost and performance.

Have you tried Powerstop Evolution brakes?

I find them to be much decent in terms of cost and performance.
TBH, I never tried Powerstop. I think they are the former LucasVarity braking division. I’ve always wondered about them - where are the pads made?

My dad has these on his car. Definitely less bite than the OEMs, but virtually no dust

I'm running their Blue pads line in Sportage last couple years, no regrets, good bite, smooth, predictable, no dust, actually didn't feel difference between them and OEM. Wagner pads really disappointed me with how noisy they were as well as bite/stopping power/distance.

Back