Need recommendations…

Pagid - OE
Jurid - OE
Akebono Euro
Bosch EuroLine
Bosch QuietCast Semi Metalic or Ceramic
Centric Pq Pro
Bosch Blue

Don’t care about dust … but need good cold grip and no squeaks.

Everyone seems to be raving about Akebonos but apparently they destroy rotors and don’t have good cold grip

Thank you

I suspect most people aren't familiar with many of those. I've never heard of the first (4) or last one. I know Akebono and Bosch, just not those versions. I think Wagner has a "QuietCast" line so I was initially confused with the Bosch pads you mention. I wonder if they're the same and they share them under each other's names ?

Hi Friends,

Need recommendations…

Pagid - OE
Jurid - OE
Akebono Euro
Bosch EuroLine
Centric Pq Pro
Bosch Blue

Everyone seems to be raving about Akebonos but apparently they destroy rotors and don’t have good cold grip

Thank you
Akebono Euro has good initial bite in the winter.

Centric PQ ceramics not as good as the Akebono with Cold bite. Also had to bed them in with the 65-5 mph stops, that Akebono didn’t require

I also liked EBC Redstuff but hated Hawk HPS. Hawk HPS definitely needed to be warmed up in the winter mornings

Reactions: Ndx
I just put Akebono ASP's (ceramic) on my Genesis Coupe with the Brembos and they do the job, but I didn't find them to be super extra-ordinary as the reviews would've implied. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm thinking metallic pads would be superior for that initial bite because I would love that feeling too.

I use the Wagner Thermo Quiet, best performing pads I've ever used..
Same here.
My F-150 currently has 167K miles on it. I put Thermo Quiet pads on the front at 92K miles. They still have over 3/4 of the pads left.
Thermo Quiets on the rear at 140K miles. They still look new.
They leave virtually no dust on the rims at all.

IMO & preference is to use pads with a Coefficient of Friction(CoF) of “FF” in the long list of numbers/letters listed on the pads. Although others like “GG”, I don’t.

Hi Friends,

Need recommendations…

Pagid - OE
Jurid - OE
Akebono Euro
Bosch EuroLine
Centric Pq Pro
Bosch Blue

Thank you
I have used Akebono pads on 2 different Accord's, and Akebono Euro pads on my daughter's Range Rover Evoque with great results. Rotor wear has been minimal along with the dusting being minimal. Always good cold bite, and my personal marker is when you push the pedal harder you should get more braking action, which these have.

WHAT CAR????
Your list is irrelevant without telling what car.
You want aggressive bite? Forget Akebono and similar geriatric stuff.
Pagid, Jurid, ATE and Textar are ALWAYS safe bet but, again, depends on a car. Fir example BMW F30 3 series has 4 different type of pad material: non dusty with low initial bite for Camry people, and S2NHA type for people who actually care mire about braking than what neighbors are going to say about dusty wheels.
So, what car?

WHAT CAR????
Your list is irrelevant without telling what car.
You want aggressive bite? Forget Akebono and similar geriatric stuff.
Pagid, Jurid, ATE and Textar are ALWAYS safe bet but, again, depends on a car. Fir example BMW F30 3 series has 4 different type of pad material: non dusty with low initial bite for Camry people, and S2NHA type for people who actually care mire about braking than what neighbors are going to say about dusty wheels.
So, what car?
7 series
Don’t care about dust, the rim design it’s not very open so dust is not an issue.

On other hand I don’t want squeals as some stock pads do make noise

Ferodo DS Performance, Ferodo Premier, Ferodo Thermo Quiet.
This exact order. Pagid, Jurid, Textar, Ate are certainly safe bets.
EBC is not gonna find its way onto any of my cars. Never again.
I did hear lots about Ferodo and in German tests they are phenomenal but just not available :( or rather not easily

I did hear lots about Ferodo and in German tests they are phenomenal but just not available :( or rather not easily

What about PFC/Performance Friction Z rated? They're American. Excellent stuff, good reputation on European racetracks. Z rated is their road-worthy compound.

Back