First Impressions : Bosch Quietcast brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

So I ended up ditching my Raybestos professional grade brake pads for a set of Bosch Quietcast pads. Initial impressions are great, very linear brake pedal feel. And most of all no noise issues like I had with Raybestos pads, but I did sand down my rotors before I but the Bosch pads on.

It's also possible the Raybestos pads had some kind of manufacturing defect. Either way Bosch Quietcast pads are good in my book. I don't know how long they will last but my guess is around 35k with my driving style.

-Thanks

Bosch isn't known for brake stuff, mostly electronics, but perhaps they have purchased a pad company. I'm not fond of the Ray pads either, they seemed to lack feel as you pointed out. I suspect many people would not know the difference, though.

10+ years ago I ran Bosch ceramics on Bosch rotors. They were a bit noisy when cold and chewed the rotors up, but stopped decent.

I haven't read much about these pads here. Maybe there have been threads I missed.

What's the country of origin and the friction rating on these?

If you had the edge code you could look them up in the AMECA guide to see who actually made them:
http://www.ameca.org/publications-compliance-list/

I just looked and there are a bunch of listings for Bosch, so perhaps Bosch did make them in-house.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Bosch isn't known for brake stuff, mostly electronics, but perhaps they have purchased a pad company. I'm not fond of the Ray pads either, they seemed to lack feel as you pointed out. I suspect many people would not know the difference, though.

Bosch is definitely an OE supplier to a number of companies, VW being one of them.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
I haven't read much about these pads here. Maybe there have been threads I missed.

What's the country of origin and the friction rating on these?

If you had the edge code you could look them up in the AMECA guide to see who actually made them:
http://www.ameca.org/publications-compliance-list/

I just looked and there are a bunch of listings for Bosch, so perhaps Bosch did make them in-house.

Made in Mexico, but I guess they have good quality control.

Originally Posted By: Swift101
Made in Mexico, but I guess they have good quality control.

You can only pray...
beer3.gif

Bosch is an OE supplier, I saw their logo on many OEM Ford brake rotors. Plus, I'm fairly certain Bosch makes ABS modules and sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back