How Did You Find BITOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm not sure, but I suppose Quattro Pete may have tipped me off.

And I can't recall who told me about it, but it may have been someone else on AW. Or maybe Bror Jace on some honda newsgroup.

My first post

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: tom slick
How Did You Find BITOG?

In flagranti.

That is a strange time to find it! must have been bored
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
How Did You Find BITOG?

One day I was picking blueberries in the woods, when I literally stumbled across BITOG's enormous footprints. I just followed his tracks, and that's when caught him in flagranti.

Joined to challenge Bob on some of his kooky oil experiments. I think the gear lube one was the one that caused me to join.

Like others the rest was history.

I was trying to find a cure for my morning startup diesel banging piston slap noise on my '98 454 that the dealer kept telling my it's normal. Guess what...I fixed it when I bought my Ford.
banana2.gif
I must say that MaxLife did help a lot.

Wanted cure for oil burning saturn.

Previously bought some GTX because of the 80's ads "engineered for today's smaller cars... resists viscosity breakdown." Cool!

Quote:
I was trying to find a cure for my morning startup diesel banging piston slap noise on my '98 454 that the dealer kept telling my it's normal.

That's a first. BITOG is a remedy for morning sickness....

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
There was an active oil board on Edmunds.com that some of the OG BITOGers posted at. I was a regular poster there. Someone mentioned this place and I joined.

That's how I found BITOG. The original Bob would post there before this site was born.

Last edited:
iATN (international automotive technician network) was the first site I joined on the internet.On an oil discussion there,a link was put to this site for more information.I've been gathering more information ever since.....

Found Bitog by doing a google search on Castrol 0w30 Green. Just before that I was searching for the "best oil." I remember spending most of the next 2 weeks reading every post I could. pscholte's GC Green poems were awesome!

through PRIUSCHAT . That's when purchased '07 PRIUS and found the site . Been a sucker for this place since . Good topics , input , etc.. It's not just about the OIL . :- )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back