How about Motorcraft 5W-30 and 10W-30?

There is another post here about Motorcraft 5W-20 motor oil displaying great UOAs. What about Motorcraft 5W-30 and 10W-30? Are they also great motor oils? These oils are actually produced by Conoco. Are Conoco motor oils kind of like Chevron motor oils-hidden gems? My Dad used to use Conoco motor oil. He told me that Mystik (which I guess they used in construction equipment and heavy trucks) was really a good motor oil, but he actually used Conoco. He had Conoco in his Ford Maverick car the day that he died.

Mystic

Oh, one more question. If you have a car that requires 0W-30, 5W-30, or 10W-30 oil, with 5W-30 being the preferred oil, can you use 5W-20 oil in the wintertime? Assuming that Motorcraft 5W-20 has a nice low pour point.

My 79 BMW owners manual recommends 5W20 or 5W30 in winter conditions and 20W50 during the summer.

I'm going to bump this up. I am curious as to whether these are being engineered as well as the 5W-20 or just being considered past history??

why are motorcraft so expensive? my flaps stocks motorcraft oil, and its just over $2 a quart. at around a dollar a quart for chevron or most of the other oils, is motorcraft going to cut engine wear by 50% to be worth the price? i doubt it.