Honda Pilot and Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

my wife's insight came with free oil changes for as long as the original owner owns it, and BOY are they going to regret that.

Dealer will never regret it. Dealer will just add some extra services to make up for so called free oil changes. An extra 5000k service for hundreds of $ here, an extra 10,000k inspection there for hundreds of $ there and pretty soon, it will add up to real money.

Quote:

Fear is a horrable place to make a decision from!

Too bad you didn't have that line in your lexicon when Xw20s arrived on the seen.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Maintenance minder read at 0%. I would have dumped it long ago, but I figure that Honda knows best (I hope).. So jeez...what's a guy to do. The Mobil 0w-20 was the same price as the 5w-20, so I figure since it has a lower pour point that it has more of the true synthetic stuff in it.

The manual states to service the vehicle when the Maintenance minder reads between 5 to 15% oil life remaining. You are way overdue...
nono.gif

The 3750 (severe)/7500 (normal) service recommendation is for older Pilot models that did not have the Maintenance Minder. Models equipped with the Maintenance Minder are suppose to be serviced when the indicator shows between 5 to 15% remaining.

The 0w-20 *may* give you better fuel economy than the 5w-20...

that may have been their idea, but the dealer is only allowed to put oil in it now days. they #@$%! my wife off so badly that i have to take it in for OC's and i will have it towed out of there before letting them touch it.

the OC's are nice though, they even have wifi in the waiting area. shame they can't hire/train/keep a bloody mechanic.

My buddy the Critic is right on as I can attest on my 05 Odyssey. The OLM at 15% won't start counting down any faster just because it is "time" to change your oil.

So, in this regard, the spread from 15% to 0 could be several K miles.

I just finally ran a true OLM interval and sent to oil for UOA. The OLM at 15% ran me out to ~ 5600 miles.

I will post the results as soon as I have them back.

"The manual states to service the vehicle when the Maintenance minder reads between 5 to 15% oil life remaining. You are way overdue..."

From 15% to 0% was less than 1000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back