honda oil -anyone try this oil from dealer parts c

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone tried Honda oil from Honda dealer parts counter ?this is labelled Honda OIL (black bottle
) This I am told is specifically blended to Honda's strict requirements,and it is not the same oil as the bulk oil used in the dealers shop,
the parts manager
believes that this oil is
an
excellent product,I am thinking of trying it ,
:

Dealerships around here use it as their bulk oil. It's just another SM/GF-4 rated oil bottled by ExxonMobil for the Honda label.

I'm using it. It is made by ExxonMobile (the stuff I use is the HG 5W-20). I've also seen it equated with Mobile clean 5000. It seems to be okay. I plan on getting a UOA on it after I put a couple more thousand miles on it.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG....check his location. He is in Canada. Honda Canada has a contract with Petro Canada. PC supplies all lubricants to Honda Canada for Canadian Dealerships.

Quote:

has anyone tried Honda oil from Honda dealer parts counter ?this is labelled Honda OIL (black bottle
) This I am told is specifically blended to Honda's strict requirements,and it is not the same oil as the bulk oil used in the dealers shop,
the parts manager
believes that this oil is
an
excellent product,I am thinking of trying it ,
:

I would not bother with honda canada oil unless your getting a good deal on the price. Its nothing special, id rather buy a name brand oil from Canadian Tire. It would be cheaper then from the dealership
canada.gif

Quote:

I would not bother with honda canada oil unless your getting a good deal on the price. Its nothing special, id rather buy a name brand oil from Canadian Tire. It would be cheaper then from the dealership
canada.gif

Well if it's Petro Canada then it is a name brand oil.

All honda HG fluid comes out of Torrance,CA and after 1/2007 will be blended out of Alabama and distributed from torrance, It availible in qts, and 200L drums and Rail tankers
Nippon blends all the fluids for
Honda,Toyota,Hundayi, Mitsubishi,Yamaha(yamalube),Cosworth

I can confirm (I checked with Petro Canada) that the Honda Oil here in Canada is Petro Canada oil in a Honda bottle. The only exception is the 0w20, which is made by Idemitsu for Honda. According to the tech guy I spoke with at Petro Can, Honda has some special spec for the 0w20 that Petro Can 0w20 didn't meet, but Idemitsu did.

Quote:

All honda HG fluid comes out of Torrance,CA and after 1/2007 will be blended out of Alabama and distributed from torrance, It availible in qts, and 200L drums and Rail tankers

The link to the story for the blending plant said they will make automatic trans fluids also. Does Nippon currently make Honda's ATF-Z1 and if so, what base oil is it?

It seems most of the OTC ATFs have increased their quality recently, they are blends or Group III based. What about the Z1?

Quote:

The link to the story for the blending plant said they will make automatic trans fluids also. Does Nippon currently make Honda's ATF-Z1 and if so, what base oil is it?

It seems most of the OTC ATFs have increased their quality recently, they are blends or Group III based. What about the Z1?

Yes...me too...what about the ATFZ1? Since we're absolutely NOT supposed to use anything but that, I'd be curious if they make it or have anything to do with it.

well guy 's listen to this ,
i am going to go ahead and try this HONDA OIL anyway ,i have the itch,
and as far as prices I managed to get a great discount after speaking with the parts manager,and got it to same as canadian tire prices, so I don 't feel to bad, anyway i 'll let you know how my V6 runs
smile.gif

Save your money. It's Petro Canada oil. Call them and ask - the guy I spoke to was really helpful, even telling me that Idemitsu makes the Honda 0w20, but Petro-Can makes the other weights. IIRC, the synthetic was $9.99 at my stealership, which is ridiculous, unless you like paying extra because the bottle says "Honda" on it.

Quote:

Maybe for the US, but for Europe and the rest of the world Yamalube is made by Motul...a little give away...look at Rossi's sponsorship logos...Yamaha Factory Rider..Motul badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back