Honda Odyssey Tire Recommendation

My niece's 2015 Odyssey EX-L needs rubber. She's in Arlington, TX.
Costco has a sale on various Michelin and BFG.
I was thinking about the Michelin Primacy MXV4 which would be $788 all in, with discount.

Any suggestions?
And you Texans, can you suggest a good shop for tires and alignment? @4WD - your thoughts?
The van has 114K so an alignment is probably in order.

Thanks for your guidance!

Last edited:
Tire size seems to be 235/65-17

Any other requirements? :unsure:

Michelin makes high performance summer tires in that size :D
Pilot Sport 4 SUV
4x4 Diamaris (an OE Porsche tire!) :sneaky:

I usually go to Discount Tire here in TX. I am on the Dallas side of DFW.
As for alignment, she need to find a locally owned shop who actually knows how to do alignment.
Last time I went to PB here but I have not needed any alignment for a long time.

I usually go to Discount Tire here in TX. I am on the Dallas side of DFW.
As for alignment, she need to find a locally owned shop who actually knows how to do alignment.
Last time I went to PB here but I have not needed any alignment for a long time.
I understand their house brand, Arizonian, is a lotta bang for the buck. And they offer free flat repair, rotations, etc.
Not a bad deal...

I got a set of General Altimax RT43 from 4wheelonline last year. I find these tires to be smooth and quiet on normal roads. The traction is good in the rain also.

Although I have now had 3 sets of RT43's on vehicles(2 compact-ish SUVs, 1 compact sedan), I have to say that they MAY NOT be optimal for a vehicle as heavy as an Odyssey. I mean, the MiniVans are pushing 5000 lbs.
You may want a tires that can also handle that weight. The RT43 may be fine on that Honda but, IDK!

I’ve been happy with our continental true contact touring on our sienna. The model previous to these (non touring) wore much faster and didn’t make it halfway to their mileage warranty, but continental had no problem discounting/pro rating my new set of tourings (updated compounds?) and like I said, they’re great. Not whisper quiet, but only really noisy in parking lot manuevers.

I'm not real pleased with Michelin life lately, time wise.
I'm pulling well treaded tires for cracks.
So, if she's a roller - fine, but if it's a backup vehicle - some other formula will last longer.

Although I have now had 3 sets of RT43's on vehicles(2 compact-ish SUVs, 1 compact sedan), I have to say that they MAY NOT be optimal for a vehicle as heavy as an Odyssey. I mean, the MiniVans are pushing 5000 lbs.
You may want a tires that can also handle that weight. The RT43 may be fine on that Honda but, IDK!

I'd have to disagree somewhat with this.
Having owned two Odysseys (an 00 and an O6) they are full on tire hogs.
After a bad Michelin experience, the last set that I put on our 06 were RT43's.
They wore every bit as well as the Michelins, and I noted no issues with handling.
I never got over 40K on a set of tires on either of the Odysseys regardless of what make they were.

I have great tires with HANKOOK, and wally world can order them for you. good price as well. quick google yes and wally is the cheaper supplier.

Last edited:
I put Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS +2 on my '12 EX-L last fall and they have been perfect so far; quiet with great traction in wet or dry, no hydroplaning. I can't speak to their longevity but will be happy if I get 40-45k.

I can also say that Yokohama Avid Ascend is not a good choice! I got about 60k out of them on the Ody but wet traction was horrible.

Had RT43’s on my 300 that weighed 235lbs less than the Odyssey (4235lbs vs 4470lbs) and they were great.

Can’t speak for longevity yet, but we are super impressed with the Advantage T/A Sport LT’s on our Grand Caravan. So impressed in fact I think I’ll put a set on my truck as well.

My father-in-law needs a new set of all seasons for the summer for their odyssey. Was debating between the BF good rich advantage TA sport LT or the general RT 43
He has a dedicated set of winter tires
Both have rebates right now

Back