2006 Honda Odyssey tire recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my 2006 Odyssey new. The original tires were Michelin Energy, and I replaced them at 60K with Yokohama Avid TRZ's. The van is now nearing 120K miles, and almost due for another set.

I am happy with the TRZ's, but I am interested in trying something new.
Any recommendations? I drive 95% highway, and never encounter snow or ice.

Continental TrueContact or Michelin Defender would be my recommendation. This is based on the CR and TireRack instrumented testing.

I have TrueContacts and I love them.

I personally wouldn't chance Michelin anything in Texas due to Michelin's sidewall cracking history.

I am not sure if Michelin improved their tire compound formula, maybe it isn't an issue anymore if any Defender owners can chime in.

On a side note, I have installed 3-4 sets of Defenders and took a set on a small test run, and the build quality, balance, and unnatural smoothness of these tires was impressive. I'd love to own a pair of Defenders, but the sidewall cracking issues removes them from my list.

We have the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred on our '06 Odyssey for a few years now... Very nice ride and there seems to be a rebate deal going on now.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Cooper CS5 Grand Touring from Walmart

+1 Cooper CS5 (from anywhere) works great on a 2006 Odyssey, especially for highway comfort and quietness.

Just a heads up. DTD @ ebay is currently having a $100 off $400 or more total tire purchase with free shipping. I bought a set of Cooper HTP Discover for my Tacoma using this promo last year. My local DT store matched the DTD/ebay promo price, plus a little added in for installation and LT balance/rotation. As now there was an additional Cooper rebate on top. Was one heck of deal out the door from local DT tire store.

So whether you purchase from DTD@ebay or pricematch local DT store, worth a serious look. Offer end the 3/16 details linked below.

http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tire-Dir...&rmvSB=true

I know my station wagon isn't an Odyssey but the Cooper CS4's I finally had to replace were fantastic tires.

I would've bought CS5's without thinking but I had stumbled upon a set of clearance priced Continentals which I "cash & carried" out the door.

The Conti's are by far the best bang for the buck. I put a set on our 2013 Dodge GC last June. They have been to Michigan twice, Kentucky twice All over South Carolina and are now on their way to DC. When they get back it will be time for the 2nd. R&B. I highly recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back