Arizona tires any good?

I am visiting Arlington, TX this week. My grand niece's '16 Corolla L front tires were junk.
After the big crash near Fort Worth, I had to get the car some better rubber.
We went to a local Discount Tire; they recommended 195/65/15 Arizona All Season tires to match the rear.
$70 per tire, $200 all in.

The ride is much better. I have never been to Discount Tire; nice crew.
Any comments on these tires? I had zero time to do any research...

Thanks in advance.

Arizona, AFAIK is the in-house brand of America’s/Discount tire. I think they were made by Cooper. They seem like a decent tire - nothing spectacular or horrible.

I am visiting Arlington, TX this week. My grand niece's '16 Corolla L front tires were junk.
We went to a local Discount Tire; they recommended 195/65/15 Arizona All Season tires to match the rear.

Thanks in advance.
Growing up, my father bought them often for the family cars. Always seemed a solid tire at a decent price.

I have a set of the "Silver Ed. III" as summer tires for the Volvo in the avatar. They are good.

I have them in 225/60-16 and they are stable and quiet, and they handle wet really well, which is important here. I have not used them in snow but did get on some ice w/them in a higher mountain pass early winter (Blewett pass in early Dec.) just before the snow tires went on, and they were surprisingly competent on it. They are a pretty good all-season tire.

yes, Arizonan is Discount's house brand, and made by Cooper. if they had them in my size, 225/50 R17 94V it's probably what i would have gotten last time around.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Summer tires probably made in Phoenix; winter tires probably made in Flagstaff!

Back