New tires for my Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from Michelin Primacy MXV4's to Conti PureContacts on my 10th gen Corolla. The PureContacts are superior in every way, especially post-30K mile rain traction.

The RT43 is a great value tire, but the PureContact is a better tire. If you can get a discount or afford the upgrade, it's worth it.

Went with the General RT43's

The Pure Contacts were rated only slightly higher on Tire Rack but in their actual tests the RT43's showed as good or better in many ways including snow and believe it or not, Economy as they did better on gas mileage by .5 MPG.
With a Rebate the Pure Contacts would have been within $1.00 on price but I went with the RT43's. ZMade in US makes a difference

I saw the reference to the Goodyear Comfort tread touring. They are a nice tire, had them on my 08 Corolla, two sets over the years (three month old tires went the the salvage yard when it was totaled) but I believe the Generals are even better in snow or wet

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sceva
Went with the General RT43's

The Pure Contacts were rated only slightly higher on Tire Rack but in their actual tests the RT43's showed as good or better in many ways including snow and believe it or not, Economy as they did better on gas mileage by .5 MPG.
With a Rebate the Pure Contacts would have been within $1.00 on price but I went with the RT43's. ZMade in US makes a difference

I saw the reference to the Goodyear Comfort tread touring. They are a nice tire, had them on my 08 Corolla, two sets over the years (three month old tires went the the salvage yard when it was totaled) but I believe the Generals are even better in snow or wet

I went with the RT43's on my 2012 corolla. Great traction in snow, we had a lot this past winter in Pullman Wa. The tread still looks like new after 10,000 miles. I went with the T rating for longer treadwear. Great tires hands down best value.

Nice fresh RT43's on my Co0rolla, Made in US, in the 19th week of 2017.

I can tell no difference in ride from the Michelin MXV4's that were replaces

I just change the tires on my Toyota Corolla S about 2000 miles ago now.

Hankook Optimo H725
195/65R15
Tread wear 700
Traction A
Temperature B

I shopped for a while and the best price I could find was at Walmart. They had them on Rollback.

The tires have only been on the car for three months now and have 2000 miles on them. I'm not a high mileage driver being retired. Its been very dry here this summer and have had no chance to test their rain handling ability or if they hydroplane. They do brake well and they are quieter than my previous Les Schwab Toyo radial. So far only good things to say about these tires. They did increase my mileage 2 MPG + over the Toyo's and are better in that department than the OEM Bridgestone's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back