Honda Ody rotors and pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Was wondering what pad/rotor combo you guys would go with for this van. I just ordered Centric premium rotors and Akebono proacts ultra-premium ceramic pads to replace the OEM but I am considering cancelling the order if you guys think something else would be better. Thanks

Last edited:
sounds like a decent combination.

I myself typically use the cheepest possible rotors (chinese ones) and then with either Monroe ceramics, Akibono ProACTS or Aisin pads on all the Toys and Hondas I serviced so far.

Q.

That's a combination that I wouldn't hesitate to use. Both items are high quality.The OEM pads on my 04 Camry are Akebono. At 63,000, they are about half gone.

Akebono is OEM, so check dealer prices.

If you want to go cheap I'd get Wagner Thermoquiets from Rock Auto.

Find the place near you that has blanks made by Brembo for the rotors.

Rotors is the only thing I'd never order online from high shipping costs. If you have a runout issue with them returns would be impossible.

I plan to use Canadian Tire Certified brand rotors on my Honda Fit as I have used them on many brake jobs for other people and they are super solid, heavy, and never any issues and are DIRT CHEAP.

It is easy to return stuff for me at CT, so I like the security in using their rotors.

Originally Posted By: Quest
sounds like a decent combination.

+1 Using Rock Auto as a resource, looks like solid choices for a daily driver. I have the Ake Pro Act on a Civic and they've been great, good stopping, no noise, low dust.

How many miles on the Ody? I'm surprised you need new rotors. Even in the rust belt, our 2008 Ody LX had it's factory rotors (that were great yet) at ~65K miles when I traded it in, in Aug 2013. I did do one pad slap and a few pin/slide cleanings in between.

Last edited:
Since I save so much by providing my own labor I only use premium products all the way around.

Also, I have an Amazon Prime membership, so on heavy products such as Rotors and Drums shipping is free.

Also, I always double check prices with what is available on Rock Auto.

Right now I have Raybestos all the way around my 2002 Ford Taurus. I have nothing to report other than everything seems to work like a champ.

I just called a local dealer and for 2 front rotors and pads they wanted $355! That's crazy considering I paid $150 for the aforementioned order today.

Originally Posted By: asharris7
Hello all,

Was wondering what pad/rotor combo you guys would go with for this van. I just ordered Centric premium rotors and Akebono proacts ultra-premium ceramic pads to replace the OEM but I am considering cancelling the order if you guys think something else would be better. Thanks

I would use that combo. I know a few people that swear by those Centric premium rotors. I have used cheap rotors before I knew better. They are usually made with inferior metal and warp after the first puddle with hot brakes. I used motorcraft rotors on my wagon because they were only $3 more than the Centrics.

Keep youe order. You'll like the combo IMHO!
I have used both though with slightly different setups.

I have used the Pro-Acts with BREMBO rotors and...
CECTRIC rotors with a variety of other ceramic pads.

You'll like your choice!

Honda updates the hardware on their pads so much, that I've resorted to only using the Genuine Honda pad kits from the dealer.

But I'm sure your chosen combination has a chance of working properly. Just be sure to check the runout on the rotors once you install them.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Honda updates the hardware on their pads so much, that I've resorted to only using the Genuine Honda pad kits from the dealer.

But I'm sure your chosen combination has a chance of working properly. Just be sure to check the runout on the rotors once you install them.

I'll take my chances for $200 cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back