Honda MM logic vs. BITOG logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following the MM on my wife's CR-V since new. I get to 15% on the MM around 9,500-10,000 miles. I change the oil within 3 or 4 days of getting to 15%. The car has had a change of PP 5w-20, M1 EP, and I'm currently running 0W-20 Castrol Edge. Filters have been M1, Honda, Wix/NAPA Gold, and currently a Fram Ultra.

Originally Posted By: saginawmale50
Use M-1 EP and a Fram ultra. 3000 miles OCI. You will sleep better and know that your engine will last 750000 miles instead of 300000 miles.

16 posts in 8 years and this is your post?

33.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The Honda MM algorithym accounts for a variety of operating factors.
If the car is used under pretty ideal conditions, it'll allow fairly long drain intervals, although Honda also caps the fun at one year by calendar time.
Your Fit must be operated under conditions that allow long OCIs.
Short trips or real winter would bring much shorter OCIs by the MM.
A real advantage of IOLM systems is that they take all of the guesswork out of when the oil really needs to be changed.
I change our '12 Accord after 15% MM, just that simple.
I do change the oil filter at every oil change, although this is not necessary according to Honda.

Out of curiosity, are you using the HGMO full synthetic or synthetic blend? I have the blend in my car now...how is yours running with it?

I can answer that question for you.....

He is running the full syn HGMO, in the high moly, SM variety.

If my oil is going 10,000 miles or more, I don't care what Honda says and I dont care how efficient my filter is getting because that some [censored] is getting changed as well! I know Honda filters especially the A01's are well made but it aint staying on for 20,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: deven
If my oil is going 10,000 miles or more, I don't care what Honda says and I dont care how efficient my filter is getting because that some [censored] is getting changed as well! I know Honda filters especially the A01's are well made but it aint staying on for 20,000 miles.

Agreed. Just did our first oil change on the Accord since buying CPO in Feb. Just shy of 8k on the oil with the MM at 20%. No way I was leaving the filter on for another 8-10k, even though the MM would have popped up with the "A" service (no filter change) at 15%.

Cooper, you must be a telepath!
Anyway, the engine sounds fine with this oil.
I took a sample when I changed it on 6/22 at 15% MM and have yet to get around to sending it to Polaris.
I'll post that UOA when I have it along with the one I had done of the FF after 8700 miles and 15% MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back