Home Fuel Oil is Insane Right Now in NYS

I had to pay $5.299 for a minimum delivery amount of 125 gallons. The Cost was $664, and all I really needed was 50 gallons. Two months ago they would deliver 100 gallons at a time.. And they started going to the third digit on price just like the gas stations do.. $5.299. I can't wait to install a wood stove this summer.
Can you get like 5 gal diesel in a container every time you commute to work at a gas station or grocery shopping?

Around here Diesel is more than #2 HHO.

Funny. No real shortage but also no production ramp up after the worldwide epidemic.
Just a money grab as usual. SOR release of 5% of demand should do something - but likely just a tickle.
NYSE: XOM up from $60 to $80.

You guys should have crystal balled that and thrown 100K at XOM to pay for you oil pains :)

My cable bill is 3K$ a year - cost more than my car or mortgage payments.
Now there is an ongoing outrage.

Oil disappeared from home heating here decades back. Why would anybody still use it?
Where is there? Quite common here. My last two houses came with oil heat, why would I replace them? when would the return on investment occur?

Oil disappeared from home heating here decades back. Why would anybody still use it?
Don't know where "here" is, but #2 heating oil is usually still the cheapest way to heat for the millions of us here in the Northeast that can't get natural gas piped in. Propane and electric are the main alternatives, but normally more expensive.

Where is there? Quite common here. My last two houses came with oil heat, why would I replace them? when would the return on investment occur?
Australia. Energy company chip in to owners to move to energy efficient reverse cycle.

Don't know where "here" is, but #2 heating oil is usually still the cheapest way to heat for the millions of us here in the Northeast that can't get natural gas piped in. Propane and electric are the main alternatives, but normally more expensive.
Australia. Oil is expensive compared to reverse cycle.

Australia. Energy company chip in to owners to move to energy efficient reverse cycle.
Ah, heat pump. Aren’t those really expensive to install? Not sure how popular in the Northeast, we have a long heating season.

From today..propane. Was cheaper just a week ago..if I buy a 1000 gallons today I get $150. Off incentive..very cheap compared to #2 heating oil
Screenshot_20220408-124829(1)(1).jpg

From today..propane. Was cheaper just a week ago..if I buy a 1000 gallons today I get $150. Off incentive..very cheap compared to #2 heating oilView attachment 95576
That's good prices there. Here in Connecticut, average propane price last week was $4.22 per gallon according to EIA, and historical data shows the price normally tracks pretty close to #2. Oil contains about 137,000 BTUs per gallon, and propane contains only about 91,000 BTUs per gallon. So usually #2 is cheaper per BTU in this market.

Back