Home Depot Military Discount

Home Depot is now requiring an online account with info verification for the 10% military discount. Info needed is minimal. Online account will have a QR code which has to be used at checkout now, they’re no longer taking VA cards or military ID’s. Found out earlier today while picking up a few things. Just did it; doesn’t take long.

Home Depot is now requiring an online account with info verification for the 10% military discount. Info needed is minimal. Online account will have a QR code which has to be used at checkout now, they’re no longer taking VA cards or military ID’s. Found out earlier today while picking up a few things. Just did it; doesn’t take long.
thanks I think lowes is doing the same

Home Depot made that change over a year ago.
The change for 2022 requires an app on your phone, in 2021 you simply entered your phone number into the "Pro Discount" on the cash register. This will force my wife (the veteran) to accompany me to Home Depot whenever we are doing a project. Sort of a pain to have to coordinate our schedules like that.

Both Home Depot and Lowe’s have been saying that is coming at the check out for a couple of years.

Signing up is relatively easy, and they go through a verification service like IDme.

I have been using Lowes discount for years. I did mine in person at the store. Had my DD214 verify that. I will stick to Lowes over Home Depot....

Looks like Home Depot is just trying to keep up with Lowes. Lowes have had a military discount for many years now...Everyday. Mins is attached to my Lowes card and whne using the self scan it will thank you for your military service....

The change for 2022 requires an app on your phone, in 2021 you simply entered your phone number into the "Pro Discount" on the cash register. This will force my wife (the veteran) to accompany me to Home Depot whenever we are doing a project. Sort of a pain to have to coordinate our schedules like that.

If I'm reading your post correctly, I have found the opposite to be true. With me being the veteran, I had to accompany my wife to HD when she wanted to buy something. Now we have the QR code on both our phones. No questions asked. I don't have to be there.

The change my local HD just made is the veteran's parking went from four spaces to two. There are no less than eight curbside pick up spots I have yet to see used.

Saw that. About time HD started doing it 24/7/365 and online. Nice of them to join the 21st century.

Reactions: hrv
Back