Home safety improvements

dnewton3

Staff member
Thought I'd share my recent experience with a product I'm very happy with ...

www.armorconcepts.com

I bought and installed the full door kit on my front door as a trial of their product. I will say it is very comprehensive and well made. It definitly does a great job of reinforcing the door to a much higher degree. If you look their site over, there's a miriad of choices in kit contents, individual components, colors, etc. A pretty decent offering from the minimalist to the full-monty. For anyone with even minimal tools (drill/driver) and skillset, it's a no-brainer install job.

I like the kit I installed today so much that I just bought a few more ( for my exterior garage door and exterior barn door).

Understand that ANY thief or person with ill intent, given enough time and tools, will always be able to enter your dwelling. But, the more you can make it difficult adds time to delay the assailants entry and therefore increases your ability to react/call for help/get out/prepare for a fight. If you're home, this can either dissuade the attack all together, or at least give you plenty of warning, because to overcome this kit would take a LOT (and I mean a helluva lot) of force; so much so that you'd have to be deaf not to hear the beating the door would be taking. Is this kit going to stop a car from smashing in your door? No way. But it would stop pretty much anyone from kicking/prying their way into your home with any manner of quickness. I don't care if I'm away and they steal my stuff; that's what's insurance is for. I care more about us being home and being assaulted; if they can bang on the door enough to make it inside, I'll hear them coming long before they make it inside. Enough time for me to prepare a counter-plan.

Added bonus ... there are plenty of promo codes out there, and anyone with military/first responder credential can get a 25% discount PLUS everyone gets free shipping for over $99 spent!

A big (y) from me !!!

Last edited:
ehhh...they'll just enter through a window. Most burglars aren't bashing a door in. I have concerns in life but a home invasion isn't one of them.

If you have a sliding glass door, those are what they usually set their sights on. Work on securing that with a charley bar or something.

ehhh...they'll just enter through a window. Most burglars aren't bashing a door in. I have concerns in life but a home invasion isn't one of them.

If you have a sliding glass door, those are what they usually set their sights on. Work on securing that with a charley bar or something.
Yes - windows are a big concern. But at least they make some serious noise when broken and therefore give some advance notice.

It's really about just making one's house more undesirable than elsewhere. Like the parable goes ... I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you. Cameras, fortified doors, security systems, etc all encourage the evil-doer to look elsewhere. I specifically don't have a sliding glass door; they are way too easy to enter. My windows are all security rated with laminated membranes as well as the typical thero-pane features.

Back