Holy smokes change those cabin air filters!

Holy smokes change those cabin air filters!

88k on vehicle(new to me)... It was a fram filter, so not original.

Definitely was a mouse in there at some point.

How long does it take for a mouse to make a nest?
PXL_20221112_233220091.jpg

Last edited:
A mouse can build a nest in your HVAC system faster than you can imagine.
I've seen it happen as quickly as a week or so, depending if there's more than one on the job.
On the daily driven sonata a mouse (mice?) built a pretty large nest under the engine cover in a day or two flat.. the Sonata is used "almost" everyday 99% of the time and I check under the engine cover every OC.

I even found a nest in between the wheel well and battery on the forte. again its used almost everyday but there was enough moss and acorns to last a winter lol.

They move fast!
I do not keep a single piece of paper or anything in the car to discourage them from wanting to move in. I also remove leaves ect very frequently.

Last story about mice. I have a nice if clueless friend who parked their newer Toyota vehicle for a couple of months and when they returned it would not start. Towed to the dealer and the long story short is the mice chewed a majority of the wires to the computer the ignition system etc. and they had to replace the wire harness and keys ect. it was thousands to fix.

So after I bought this filter at Walmart I emailed Fram customer service, with the receipt, barcode, lot numbers ,etc and pictures of the defect.
They never emailed back...

But these just arrived for free in the mail today...!
I checked and seams look good, no defects.

That's pretty cool Fram!
Thank you!
PXL_20221201_231247088.jpg

Last edited:
Back