HM oils- Maxlife vs. Pennzoil HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the general opinion on Maxlife vs. Pennzoil HM 10W-30? I have both because of sales and have been a Maxlife fan but wanted to try the Pennzoil HM. Does one stand out from the other?

i only have experience with maxlife. it does an excellent job of cleaning. i wasnt losing any oil before, so i cant speak for its "stop leak" additives. i will say though that RIGHT after i put the maxlife in my MPGs went down 2-3miles. someone people say they've had this problem with maxlife, some people say thers no way any motor oil could make that big of a difference. i guess ill know for sure after the next change when i replace it with Durablend.

Maxlife has worked well in my cars. Never really noticed any MPG decrease.

Pennzoil is the topic selling motor oil overall. Maxlife is the top selling HM oil. Both are top-notch. Your engine may tell you -- in the manner of consumption, cleaning power, noise...etc...etc... which one it prefers.

Engines perform better with brands we least expect sometimes. My beater minivan quit consuming after using Meijer HM 5W-30 -- made by Citgo. That's proof enough right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back