Hit & Run Drivers Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Challenger71
Sitting inside Barnes & Noble one days sipping java and observed an elderly man in a late model Volvo attempt to depart his current parking spot (single file, one vehicle behind the other in front of store row with a reasonable space between vehicles). He managed to maneuver into the bumpers of both vehicles parked in front and behind him several times before departing. One of the hits was not light either..it shook the late model Saab that was hit quite violently IMHO. He did this without remorse or any concern, in full view of dozens of shoppers going about their business. I just face-palmed in disgust. I've always parked in the farther reaches of any public parking lot with very high success, however it's nice to be reminded of why I do what do. To stay away from the door-bangers-club.

just posted in another thread about seniors getting retested to drive. there's always some weird story about some old dude plowing into a crowd, store, or backing into cars and not even noticing it (probably forgot to wear his glasses and turn his hearing aid on)
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Some idiot backed out of the driveway, crossed the street, and hit my car which was in the overflow lot. (I lived in a retirement community taking care of my mother for awhile>)

She first tried to blame me. (the nerve I had, parking on a legal spot.)

Then she insisted I take it to her shop. I took it to mine. Hers was $400 more. So guess where I took it....

Then the bigger idiot husband played tough guy. Screamed at me that by Monday I wouldn't be parking there anymore. He wasn't happy with the fact that I didn't care what it costs him.

So he calls the office, and was told point blank that since I lived there, I could park there, and he had no standing or right to do anything about it.

So instead of a simple sanding and repaint, I got a brand new rear facia.

Dont ya just love the way people make their mistakes,seem like yours? i dont know what the [censored] is happening to people any more,nobody wants to admit when their wrong.it`s always some one else`s fault,never their`s.
smirk.gif

Yeah. My fault that I parked in a lot across the street. That she drove one of those family vans with drapes on the rear windows. That she's too stupid to use mirrors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back