Woke up the Grand Marquis !

There will never ever be a super low maintenance vehilcle like the 4.6 Panther ever again.

Someone told me the new ford turbo engines are just as good. LoL.

Good work on the yard finds. When I was learning how to paint I did my first full respray on my 01 Police pack detectives car. Great car, I still see her around.

Depending on the truck situation, I'll probably go that route. I was hoping to be back in a truck by now and not using the Marquis for toting stuff around. The biggest issue is there's 37 miles of car behind the rear axle and any bit of tongue weight just overwhelms the springs.

How does the bolt do towing? I was strongly considering an EV recently and the Bolt was #1 on my list. Really the most practical EV on the market when it was for sale IMO.
In terms of power and stopping, it does fine. Range takes a hit, we get ~2.4-2.5 mi/kwh with the trailer. That said, it survived a trip from CA to TX and back for the eclipse. We took four days to get there and stayed in RV parks along the way, because they double as charging stops overnight.

Let's put it this way, although we still have our XTerra, we've barely used it in the past 2-3 years, and we sold our Tacoma because the Bolt plus a small utility trailer (or just the roof rack for things like a few 2x4s, pipes, etc) is far cheaper to operate for those occasional trips to Home Depot, plus we never have to make a detour just for fuel when were driving it locally.

Fast charging is slow but that's just something we deal with on the occasional longer trip. The new Bolt coming out in ~2026 (I think?) should fix that.

That said, most people think we're crazy 🤣

Last edited:
Back